Core 20/Stretch 40

Options
XtyAnn17
XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
My opinion? Didnt like either of them. I hated all the standing moves as i couldnt find the right spot and felt nothing.

So instead of core 20 im going to do p90x ab ripper x which is 15 min and works me way better than core 20.

40 min stretch? Ya no thanks. It will be replaced by stretch 10. Lol

Hopefully the scult and tone dvds are better than the core 20

Replies

• rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    I completely agree with you! The tone and sculpt is ok, but I like using Jillian Michaels better for strength. :) I am considering buying Insanity or the new T25 to change things up.
  • sarafer1
    sarafer1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I didn't quite get how to use the resistance band for the Core 20. Personally, I LOVED the stretch 40- but I have been doing yoga for years and it felt good for me. I may have to search out another ab dvd to use because it didn't do much for me either!
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If any of you have the advanced TF dvd's, Abs 10 is way better than Ab Ripper X. Only 10 minutes and works your whole ab area way more than ARX. It took me awhile to get used to Stretch 40, that's more like Yoga. I learned to appreciate it more the further I got into TF. I love love P90x Stretch. An hour of heaven!
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I dislike yoga! So i dont like Stretch 40 I do like Core 20 and the Tone and Sculpt videos though I do prefer using hand weights.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Love them both!! The stretching is sooo good for you body and in my opinion should never be skipped our swapped out! But to each their own I guess. The core could have been more intense but it still did its work near the beginning of the program!

**Edit to say that if you aren't feeling it whatsoever you have probably either done tons of similar ab work and your abs are VERY strong or you are doing it incorrectly**
  • parias1126
    parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I did that workout on Sunday and loved both of them. I love Yoga though! I am still feeling my ab soreness tonight 2 days later from the Core 20!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Love them both!! The stretching is sooo good for you body and in my opinion should never be skipped our swapped out! But to each their own I guess. The core could have been more intense but it still did its work near the beginning of the program!

**Edit to say that if you aren't feeling it whatsoever you have probably either done tons of similar ab work and your abs are VERY strong or you are doing it incorrectly**

My guess is incorrectly....i tried hard to figure out those standing moves and how to feel it and just couldnt. Oh well! Ill try it again this week and see what happens! My abs are sore but thats just from the floor work i think
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I completely agree!! To be honest, I hated Stretch 40 the first couple times I did it. It really grew on me though and I love how relaxed and refreshed I feel after. I've been done with the TF program for a couple months now and my fitness routine consists of circuit training and running, but I still use Stretch 40 weekly.
  • LaChinaDoll
    Options
    You convinced me to go ahead with my stretch 40 today. I was going to skip it!
  • tara9blur
    tara9blur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think I'm also not doing the standing crunches correctly - feels like nothing. But a couple days later, I definitely feel it in my core, so I must be doing something right!

I also disliked Stretch 40 at first, mainly because the standing splits move made me feel like I was dying. But I've gotten much better at it, and now I feel really great after Stretch 40!
  • LaChinaDoll
    Options
    Just finished it still hate it. I don't like all the ups and downs my head feels all my blood rushing down. I feel stressed out because of it plus I have a lot of hair which tends to fall to my face and that makes me angry. Next week I have this class twice on my schedule ugghh. What can I do to make it better?
  • tara9blur
    Options
    LaChinaDoll - maybe put your hair in a high bun, so at least that's not bugging you? Take the moves slowly, and remember to BREATHE. If you need to pause and go to your knees, do it. When you're ready, go back into whatever pose Chalene has moved on to. Give it time, it will get better... :)
  • LaChinaDoll
    Options
    Thanks :-) yeah I try to put my hair in a bun but its so much it tends to fall off midway. I need to figure out a better way to secure it. Downward dog kills me.
  • tara9blur
    Options
    I've got Core 20 + Stretch 40 tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you! Believe it or not, downward dog will eventually feel like a resting pose!!! :)
  • sarafer1
    sarafer1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've got Core 20 + Stretch 40 tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you! Believe it or not, downward dog will eventually feel like a resting pose!!! :)

It will- it's great. My suggestion- find another beginners yoga pose that's approximately 30-40 min and see if that helps until you get comfortable with the poses and your body gets used to holding stretches, etc. Rodney Yee makes some good beginner yoga DVDs.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels' Shred-It With Weights instead of the Core 20. I don't like yoga so I won't be doing Stretch 40. I'll just do Stretch 10 after the JM workout.
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Core 20's actually my fave of the three strength workouts that came with the basic set... I always feel that in my stomach the following day. And Stretch 40 I found has done amazing things for my flexibility. My kick heights have definitely increased since doing this class and I seem to improve with the poses every time I do it - I can bend in ways I didn't think possible since starting 7 weeks ago - LOL!!