post-practice munchies

Options
misslippy68
misslippy68 Posts: 1 Member
What is your favorite *healthy* snack for after practice? I am always hungry, even if I eat beforehand. I know I am burning a lot of calories at practice so I feel like I deserve a snack. The problem is, I get home from practice late (around 9:30-10pm) and I know it's not good to eat before you go to sleep. I can't go to bed hungry. What are some good options? High Protein? Low Carb? Help!

Replies

• IrateBeth
    IrateBeth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue.
    I sometimes just have a piece of low fat cheese (if I have them, I eat a wheel of the baby bell originals). If you cannot have dairy, anything (for me anyway) 100 calories or less is enough to quell the hunger pangs to I can go to bed.

I have found that if I have something like a peanut butter sandwich (or almond butter) I am not as hungry at the end of the night.
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    I have a simple shake - either Garden of Life Raw chocolate protein and almond milk or Garden of Life Raw vanilla protein and orange juice (with crushed ice it tastes like an Orange Julius). I typically drink this in my car on my way home because I don't like to eat, but know I need some protein to help my muscles recover.