how did you come up with your derby name?

Options
SkateboardFi
SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
are there any cool stories behind them? what made you think of this particular name and how does it apply to you? have you created an 'alter ego' to suit this name?

Replies

• Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Bling It On is my derby name! I love anything sparkly and blingy :) I even blinged my first pair of skates...still haven't done my current ones tho.
  • that42bunneh
    Options
    My new derby name is my nickname, my old one (Ivanna Shoverova) was suggested by my ex after he listened to the names some tennis players have.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    ahahahhaa that's awesome! whenever i can finally get to the point of registering it, my derby name will be 'etta flamez'..i just loved the fact that she was a soulful rock and roller and her fiery attitude reminds me of my own similarities to her, hence the 'flamez' part.
  • Sianarella
    Options
    The one I really wanted has now been taken *sad face* but I think I've picked a new one.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    The one I really wanted has now been taken *sad face* but I think I've picked a new one.

aww that sucks :( i hear there's a huge lag in between submitting a name and it being accepted and sometimes people snatch it up.
  • Sianarella
    Options

aww that sucks :( i hear there's a huge lag in between submitting a name and it being accepted and sometimes people snatch it up.

The main list is two months behind :(
  • IrateBeth
    IrateBeth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Renaissance Faires. Some friends wrote a show called "Capn' Bynkie, featuring the Irate Pirates" and I loved it.
    I wish it had become a popular skit for the road.

Anyway, I have loved pirates since I was super little. And I will always love them.

So, I became the Irate Pirate, :-)
  • ArchangelaJ
    Options
    I lost my 19 year old cousin to a brutal murder in 2007. A month later, I saw my first derby game and was instantly in love with the sport. Losing my baby girl (cousins in my family are raised more like siblings than cousins) really showed me that life can be unfairly short and that I shouldn't be afraid to take chances. My skate name, Jacked Hart, is not only a play on her name, Jackie Hartman, but also a declaration of the loss of part of my heart when I lost her. My skate number, 10-15, was her birthday.
  • Davy_RockHit
    Options
    My derby name is Davy Rock-Hit... Obviously to resemble Davy Crockett. I like what he stood for and how he interacted in the politics of his time. I also think I look great in a coon hat LOL
  • grendella
    grendella Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My derby name is Squat Rack, because when I'm not training for derby, I'm in the squat rack!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I picked Flirty Martini

I'm surprised it hasn't been taken...knowing my luck, by the time they get to registering mine, someone will have taken it already. ah well.

But the name couldn't suit me better. I'm one helluva flirt, and my drink of choice is anything in a martini glass.
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm Mean Deneen - Deneen is my middle name and when I was in trouble, my mother would scream, "Mean Deneen get your @ss in here!"

I like to tap into that mean, bullying behavior on the track. ;)
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm now a retired skater ....But when I first started thinking of a name I went through the registered list to try and get some ideas ...I was on facebook chatting with my brother and some friends asking for help and they where throwing up some horrible names .....so I said no more Like Brass Balls........they all thought that was funny ....And i thought nothing of it ...then later decided to call my self BRass BAlla which is registered.....I love it!!! I will have it forever......My theme songs include Brass MOnkey and Get Low by Little Jon " sweat all down my Balls All you B** Crawl" !!!!! LOLOLOL love that song.