Hello, I'm new, and need friends of faith and encouragement!

Options
smercyp
smercyp Posts: 3 Member
Hello I'm Sharyl,
I'm new to this group and fairly new to MFP.
I just turned 60 in May! I've been married for 40 years, I'm a mother to 6 grown children, and a proud Nana to 5 Granddaughters and 8 Grandsons! I am looking for new friends, and support while I journey to a healthier life. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can support each other! God bless!

Replies

• Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sharyl!
    I like how you spell your name. I spell mine a little different too - Shari.
    13 grandchildren, that is awesome! I am looking forward to the day when I will have grandchildren to brag about. :bigsmile:

Blessings
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sis. I am 68 years old and married to the love of my life...Pastor Special Ed. That name was given to him by the kids who love him almost as much as me. If you need an older, Christian sister for MFP, I would be glad to add you to my friend list.
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Being transformed by the renewing of my mind...

Happy for you to add me.

Jo
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sharyl! Sending you a friend request. :)

I'm Tina, wife to 1 and only for 25 years, mom to 6 boys and 3 girls, caregiver of one developmentally disabled aunt, and ZERO grandchildren! ~~~~ yet ~~~~
  • nesy66
    nesy66 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi I've sent u a request! I'm new to the women of faith group if anyone wud like to add me! I'm a 46 yr old kindergarten teacher with 2 kids aged 19 and 16. I've been a member nearly a year and am in the sometimes tricky territory of maintaining weight loss!
    Ness :-)
  • fatnomore7293
    fatnomore7293 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Sue. Sending you a friend request. I'm a 41 year old mom of 1. A daughter who is 20. I babysit and love it!
  • SweetCheeks714
    Options
    My name is Lou Ann, I am also a Christian looking for friends also. I am 48 (soon to be 49), happily married to a wonderful Christian man. We alternate between our two home churches. I refer to myself as a Baptodist (part time Baptist, part time Methodist) but full time Christian. After we were married we could not decide which church we wanted to attend, so he suggested we attend both and we love it! He has been a member of his church since he was an infant and finally after years of searching I found a church I felt comfortable. One that is filled with brotherly, sisterly Christian love. If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do so. Thank you and God bless.
  • smercyp
    smercyp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Shari, my name is certainly spelled different as yours is as well. I didn't know anyone else spelled their name like mine until computers were invented and I checked the internet. I was very surprised to find that I was not the only "Sharyl" out there!

You will love it when you get grandchildren. They are one of the beautiful joys in life. I wouldn't have missed it for nothing and I'm sure there will be more coming since one of my children doesn't have any yet and I have a daughter who isn't married but is looking forward to being married one day and giving me lots more grandchildren! She loves children and they just adore her!
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    HI ! Please feel free to add me to your friends. I am 57, work full time as a middle school teacher. I am married (31 years) and have two children,( 30, 29) One granddog named Mercy, no grandchildren. I tend to work too much play too little and not take care of myself the way the Lord would want me to. The past two summers I have not worked or taken classes or cared for my Mom (she passed Oct. 2011) This summer and last I tracked my food and exercise well and lost a bit of weight. When school starts I don't do so well. I'd love to be one of your my fitness pals!!