Help me - bike choice

Options
13»

Replies

• goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Yes they are Fulcrum Racing 5's
    Didn't want to upgrade to something a bit better and end up going even better in the near future thus wasting the first upgrade - as knowing me it won't take long to upgrade :)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    they're a damned good "all round riding" wheel as I've said - freehub sounds a bit like an angry wasp compared to shimano stuff - half way between a hope and a chris king - but they're pretty much bombproof, and frankly the Ultegra's I upgraded to (well - frankly, the sidewalls of the rims had hit the wear markers so I pretty much HAD to swap) weren't a massive upgrade, despite being twice the list price - should have gone for the dura-ace rs80-c50's really, but I was still a bit fat for carbon wheels :laugh:
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sweet... EMX-3?
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Sweet... EMX-3?

Yes EMX-3 with Campag 11 speed

I will admit I went out on it for the first time today, bloody hard work - first time on a Road bike with drop bars - getting confused with where the brakes are - odd panic moment. Overall was quicker over compared similar distances by about 1mph which isn't bad at all especially considering it was the first time out on the bike in 2 weeks and I've been suffering with hayfever all day so feel quite run-down.

Off to have some adjustments done on a Retul system tomorrow to get my body trained to be in the most efficient and comfortable position.
  • GiddyNZ
    GiddyNZ Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Awesome new bike :) Hope you enjoy it!! :happy: