First Weigh-In - 7/1/13 - ALL GROUP MEMBERS MUST COMMENT

Options
SillaWinchester
SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
Hey everyone!

You youngins ready for our first weigh-in? I hope so, cause I am!

So these weigh-ins are going to be fairly detailed in order to see any and every change our bodies go through!

Let's just get to it! Please fill out the following:

-Weight:
-Waist 1: (Smallest part of waist.)
-Waist 2: (Where belly button is.)
-Arm: (Largest part. Only document this if you have arm fat that you'd like to tone.)
-Hip:
-Thigh:

Tip: Don't forget to measure the exact same part of the body every time. You may not get accurate results if you don't measure in the same place each time. Also, always measure while standing up.

First challenge will be posted tomorrow so keep an eye out for that!

Do-da-da-dee-dee, we like to party! Haha, so excited for this group to get going. Who else is excited!?

- Prescilla :)

>>>>P.S. You do NOT have to post all measurements if you don't want to. When I asked where you guys would like to see the most change, a lot of you said your waist, hips and thighs so I figured why not add those measurements to the weekly weigh in so you can all track your loss! If you're not worried about inches, only post weight. Whatever matters to you!<<<<

Replies

• SillaWinchester
    Options
    Thought I'd get to posting mine! :)

-Weight: 210-212
    -Waist 1: (Smallest part of waist.) 39"
    -Arm: 17"

I don't even measure myself to all the criteria I put. Like I said, I just gave you all options to use if you please. :)
  • getsuyoubi
    getsuyoubi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1032217-sunday-weigh-in?page=1#posts-15833384

I already posted this, feels kind of awkward to see you posted a new topic. So, is this a mutually developing group or are we not allowed to take action?

Further on, why do you call it weigh in but request mainly measurements?

I have made the experience that measurements don't change within a week anymore (in fact even though my weight changed and my fat percentage dropped my measurements are the same ever since February, I think due to the fat melting of from unmeasured random regions). For people who have to lose more than 20% of their body weight it might work to measure weekly, but not everyone is in that range.

Personally, I am tracking my measurements in cm once per months (next measurement is next sunday) and I don't see a reason to share this here. If you don't mind, can you either explain to me why you think it is a good idea to make measurements mandatory or is it okay, if I only focus on weight and body fat?
  • kellilitza7
    Options
    Good Morning All! I love 4.5 lbs this week. Here's my numbers!

Weight: 219.5
    Waist 1: 38
    Waist 2: 43.25
    Arms: 14.75
    Hips: 48
    Thigh: 30
  • ReadynWillin
    ReadynWillin Posts: 104
    Options
    Weight: 234
    -Waist 1: 43.5
    -Waist 2: 44.5
    -Arm:16.5
    -Hip: 52.5
    -Thigh: 29.5

Yay! I already lost two inches on my hips and an inch on my waist. It's a good thing too, since the scale isn't moving as much as I'd like.... *cough*icecream*cough*
  • kellilitza7
    Options
    Weight: 234
    -Waist 1: 43.5
    -Waist 2: 44.5
    -Arm:16.5
    -Hip: 52.5
    -Thigh: 29.5

Yay! I already lost two inches on my hips and an inch on my waist. It's a good thing too, since the scale isn't moving as much as I'd like.... *cough*icecream*cough*

Yay! Congrats on the hips! That's my worst area. -_- Always next week for the rest. :)
  • SillaWinchester
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1032217-sunday-weigh-in?page=1#posts-15833384

I already posted this, feels kind of awkward to see you posted a new topic. So, is this a mutually developing group or are we not allowed to take action?

Further on, why do you call it weigh in but request mainly measurements?

I have made the experience that measurements don't change within a week anymore (in fact even though my weight changed and my fat percentage dropped my measurements are the same ever since February, I think due to the fat melting of from unmeasured random regions). For people who have to lose more than 20% of their body weight it might work to measure weekly, but not everyone is in that range.

Personally, I am tracking my measurements in cm once per months (next measurement is next sunday) and I don't see a reason to share this here. If you don't mind, can you either explain to me why you think it is a good idea to make measurements mandatory or is it okay, if I only focus on weight and body fat?

I figured I would be posting the main group threads just because I'm the moderator. I don't mean it to sound like "I have more authority over you" because I don't. I just mean it to say I would like to post the main threads because I'd like to know what's being put out there.

Personally, I focus on all the measurements. In my previous thread asking where they'd like to see a change, people mentioned their tummy and thighs... so I figured adding those measurements would be reasonable. You can focus on whatever measurements you want to, but a few people would like to see other changes than just in the scale.

I call it a weigh in because I did ask for everyone's weight... but weigh ins also can ask for measurements for those who want to track the non scale victories. (Weight is a measurement, by the way.)

Thank you, but please keep the weigh ins in this thread so no one is confused. Feel free to only include the weight if that's all you mind about.
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Weight: 216.8 lbs

I don't measure myself often (usually once per month) because its not a priority for me, so I won't be recording my measurements here. Maybe in the future I will :smile:
  • elispeli
    elispeli Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't measure myself.

Weight last week: 156.3
    Weight this week: 155.1

:ohwell: I'll take it.
  • AmeliaJ92
    AmeliaJ92 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I normally like to weigh on Thursday because there is less likely to be any weird things happening on Wednesdays that could confuse my body and cause it to retain water like on Saturdays. It makes me feel like the results will be more consistent because there aren't as many variables. For now, I'll switch to Sundays and see what happens.

Weight on Thursday 6/27: 185.2
    Weight today: 184.6

I lost 0.6 pounds in the past 3 days. I also only do measurements every 2 weeks because that is what MFP recommends since they don't change much from week to week. I will measure next week.
  • lilcutemonkees
    lilcutemonkees Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    -Weight: 139.8
    -Waist 1: (Smallest part of waist.) 30
    -Waist 2: (Where belly button is.) 36
    -Hip: 40
    -Thigh: 23
  • getsuyoubi
    getsuyoubi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the explanation. So, just for sake of completeness.

Hey girls,

By Sunday, I weighed 138.2 lbs or 62.7kg, which is a loss from last week by 1.8 lbs or 0.8kg or 1.29%.

I will not report other measurements regularly.
  • taraj1987
    taraj1987 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Here is my info! I'm excited to start too:)

-Weight: 119
    -Waist 1: (Smallest part of waist.) 30
    -Waist 2: (Where belly button is.) 30.5
    -Arm: (Largest part. Only document this if you have arm fat that you'd like to tone.) 11
    -Hip: 36.5
    -Thigh: 21.5
  • Dejirei
    Dejirei Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Weight: 118 lbs
    I've been arguing a lot with my boyfriend this past week, so I've been doing a TON of emotional eating and very little working out. I gained 4 pounds, which makes very little sense to me since I haven't been eating thousands upon thousands of calories each day, but my main goal for this week is to lose those 4 lbs I put on so quickly (hopefully they're just mostly water weight). Good luck with this week everybody!:) I'm so excited to see the challenges and fun stuff we have coming up!

PS: I would take measurments, but I can't find my measuring string (or whatever it's called ahaha) Hopefully I'll find it by next Sunday, I really hope to lose some inches in my thigh area in these upcoming weeks
  • Hetailin
    Hetailin Posts: 27
    Options
    -Weight: 146 lbs.
    I don't do measurements because I dont have a measuring tape around, but i'll do them for next week.

Gained weight from emotional eating :(
  • TinaBina90
    TinaBina90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    -Weight: 250
    -Waist 1: (Smallest part of waist.) 41.5
    -Waist 2: (Where belly button is.) 47
    -Hip: 54
    -Thigh: 31
  • itgonrain
    itgonrain Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey Guys! I can't seem to find my measuring tape at the moment so I'm only gonna check-in with my weight :/
    Weight: 135.6 pounds
    I'll find my measuring tape by next week so I'll post my measurements then :)
  • BiancaMarie819
    BiancaMarie819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Heyy! Here's ma statsss

Weight: 180
    Waist 1: (Smallest part of waist.) 31
    Waist 2: (Where belly button is.) 34.5
    Arm: 11
    Hip: 42.0
    Thigh: (Left:23) (Right 24)
  • chrystina13
    Options
    Weight: 182

As of right now - I don't measure myself. I will do so soon!
  • Aejoso
    Aejoso Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weight: 155

I'm up about 5 pounds in the last two weeks which is frustrating since I've been eating better and working out regularly. Not sure what's going on there.
  • Kyllosis
    Kyllosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Weight: 161.4lbs
    7 days to make it shrink!
    ...well, 6. :P