Baby Jogger?

Options
sarah2002
sarah2002 Posts: 77 Member
I'm hoping to get one off of Craigslist, so I figure if I start looking now, I should be able to find one by the time the baby comes in December. Any suggestions on what to look for? There are so many options online that I'm not sure where to start!

Replies

• Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I would make sure the front wheel locks. Mine also has speakers and a connector for any device to play music with. Love that!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Be VERY careful about buying them used. I bought one and did not actually jog with my kid in it before I bought it because it rolled fine when I pushed/jogged with it. When I did finally get it home and tested it out, I found out that the damn thing pulled to the left when the weight of a child is in it. The wouldn’t take it back and I am now stuck with a crap jogger going around in left handed circles.

I second the part about the locking front wheel. Mine is a stationary front wheel and it sucks if you are using it just as a stroller....very hard to turn. I definitely recommend the front wheel that can swivel or be locked. Hand brakes are a must as well.

I also think if you stick with a bob or a baby jogger you are going to get a great product. I would recommend doing an online google search and you will find side by side reviews of several of the top brands.
  • sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Be VERY careful about buying them used. I bought one and did not actually jog with my kid in it before I bought it because it rolled fine when I pushed/jogged with it. When I did finally get it home and tested it out, I found out that the damn thing pulled to the left when the weight of a child is in it. The wouldn’t take it back and I am now stuck with a crap jogger going around in left handed circles.

Oh, good to know! I guess I will need to take some weights with me when testing them out. :)
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    BOB! We have a single and now have the double! Worth every penny. I got my single new but then realized I could have saved a lot by looking on Craigslist. I was VERY picky about the condition, but found one that had been kept in the back of a car, not run too hard, in basically perfect condition. Some people use BOB Revolutions as just an everyday stroller, not necessarily for jogging. We on the other hand THRASH our stroller on daily runs... so I am not too hopeful about its resale value. I will probably just gift it to someone someday. Anyway, just look diligently, but know that BOBs are so well made, they can last a looong time. Also, if you do buy it new - buy it on Amazon. They offer it for WAAAY cheaper than any retail store can afford to sell it for. And free shipping :) Good luck!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Here's a jogger (or bike trailer) question for you ladies....

Baby #1 is on it's way. We're hoping for at least one more. Is it okay to use a double for only one child? That's what we're leaning towards but don't know anyone that has done that.

We're looking at the Chariot Cougars and at $600+ we're hoping we can buy 1 rather than 2!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    BOB stroller is AMAZING! I had a Jeep stroller when I started training for my marathon last summer and bought a BOB.... it was worth EVERY penny. I would highly recommend the BOB for anyone who runs regularly or long distance.
  • catydabo
    catydabo Posts: 8
    Options
    I bought an Instep Flash used and never was happy with it. I'm 5'2 and it is hard to handle at my height. Seems like it may be made for taller people lol. So yes, test them out before just ordering anything online. I have just ended up jogging with my regular stroller, but I am a slow jogger soo it seems to work for now. I do want to get a double jogging stroller when my second LO arrives, though. I will be paying more attention before I buy anything :).
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I highly recomend a BOB, this is baby # 5 stroller # 9..... have a chariot I only use it now for cycling purchased second hand loved it but no shocks for running, barrowed my friends bob overnight and was hooked have not changed strollers since... otherwise changing every few months.... I bought my bob on kijijij (no craigslist in Canada) was a great deal the lady didn't use it, it was too big for her liking and use, she had every accessory and cover and selling for $100 cheaper then anyone else-- perfect condition just wanted to get rid of it. Score for me. Love my BOB and its going to be to beat up to sell after , Well LOVED.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My sister had a BOB Revolution single jogger, then she traded with someone on Craigslist for a double (she gave her the single one plus some cash). I used both while watching her kids and can attest to the fact that BOBs rule. However they are pricey.

When I was pregnant with my first, I bought a Bebelove jogging stroller on Craigslist for like $75. I'm not sure what model, but one day my sister and I went out with our respective strollers. She was skeptical of mine vs. the BOB, but mine had all the same features. Fixed/moveable front wheel, hand brake, large canopy, great tires, rides smoothly, namely. The only thing it lacks is the BOB name.

Something to keep in mind is that a lot of moms think a jogging stroller is a necessity. While mine is great, I hate running with it and never do. I can only run on my own. My jogger is great for walks, though, BUT it doesn't fold down that small. My van can fit it, but a lot of cars would not be able to. Same with my sister's BOB. As such, it's really only good for using in my neighborhood. It's a bit of a chore to, say, bring it for walks at the park.

With regard to double strollers, I'm not sure how well they ride with only one child, but I assumed I'd need a double stroller because my boys are 28 months apart. My brother's youngest are twins, so he gave me their two (non-jogging) double strollers early on in my second pregnancy. Before too long, my older son stopped liking the stroller and preferred to walk around everywhere. I'm not sure how that would be for a long day of walking (say, if we went to Disney World or something), but suffice it to say that there's an age where most kids don't like being in a stroller. Some kids will do it forever, but I'd hate to make the investment in an expensive double only to have one child not want to ever sit in it. Additionally, Mother Nature may mess with plans for more kids (not that I'm wishing that on anyone!), so it might be worthwhile to buy a single, then sell it if you need a double, and use the proceeds to put towards a double.
  • lisasjen
    lisasjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a BOB revolution, it has the option to lock or let the front wheel pivot which is nice. I loved it and used it a ton, but now my daughter is 3 I'm not sure if I'm going to get a double depends on how motivated I am.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options

Baby #1 is on it's way. We're hoping for at least one more. Is it okay to use a double for only one child? That's what we're leaning towards but don't know anyone that has done that.

We're looking at the Chariot Cougars and at $600+ we're hoping we can buy 1 rather than 2!

I got a stroller that can have a toddler seat attached so baby number 2 can recline in peace while the toddler gets a great view while we go for our runs. My issue with side by side strollers is that inevitably the older child pokes/annoys/wakes up the baby as they are in easy reach.
  • Julzet
    Julzet Posts: 15
    Options
    Best friend recommended bob jogging stroller...bought at kohls.com and used 30 percent off so was same price as amazon but got $60 kohls cash when I bought. I seem to break everything so was happy to get from store where I know they will exchange if defective.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

I got a stroller that can have a toddler seat attached so baby number 2 can recline in peace while the toddler gets a great view while we go for our runs. My issue with side by side strollers is that inevitably the older child pokes/annoys/wakes up the baby as they are in easy reach.

Thank you! I'm thinking the bike trailer will be a double since the price difference is small and it's a $600+ purchase. I'm not sure how much I'd really use a jogger so it'll be a single if I get one. (Running is my me-time and I'd probably choose to wake up really early and do it alone as opposed to with baby.) I recall a few friends complaining about the doubles...how you can't bring them into most shops since they're so wide. So the "stacked" style is probably best. Keeps them from poking too :)
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I too have been researching jogging strollers but it seems the verdict is in for the BOB!