Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2014

Options
Anyone planning of doing this too in 2014 ?

Replies

• goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm signing up the day registration opens! It'll be my first half and also my first Run Disney race :)
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Counting the days until registration opens, it will be my first time running Tink.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm signing up the day registration opens! It'll be my first half and also my first Run Disney race :)

Me too. I'm super excited.
  • andreafischer1982
    andreafischer1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    awesome it is my first half too
    i already signed up because they had the opportunity to book a spot when you register for Princess in Orlando.

Can not wait to run my first disney race - just need flights now ;)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Is anyone dressing up? I really want to dress up, but no idea as who. Haha
  • andreafischer1982
    Options
    i will have a running shirt with wings and some "pom poms" for the shoes maybe a tutut
    will not do more it is my first half and i am not sure how i wil be abel to run in a full costume so i will this time come just a little bit dressed up and maybe next year in a costume
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am signing up when registration opens. It will be my 2nd half marathon
  • andreafischer1982
    Options
    I am signing up when registration opens. It will be my 2nd half marathon

yeahhhh can not wait to see you there !!!!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Is anyone dressing up? I really want to dress up, but no idea as who. Haha

Everyone, dresses up. Even the guys you'll fit in lol
  • Sherrielsb
    Options
    Totally dressing up. you will see the whole gamet of costumes, some with just Mickey ears or a disney shirt to full blown everything. Last year's princess 1/2 I saw a lady dressed to the hilt as Rapunzel and even had a plastic toy frying pan. I will dress up not sure what yet, tossing some ideas of Wendy or maybe Rosetta. Should really get registered first though.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Totally dressing up. you will see the whole gamet of costumes, some with just Mickey ears or a disney shirt to full blown everything. Last year's princess 1/2 I saw a lady dressed to the hilt as Rapunzel and even had a plastic toy frying pan. I will dress up not sure what yet, tossing some ideas of Wendy or maybe Rosetta. Should really get registered first though.

Oh good. This gets me so excited.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I signed up today!!!!
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well! Planning on a green tutu of sorts and some wings. That's as much as I've thought of so far. It will be my first Disney run, and I've only heard great things about it.

I like the timing of this as opposed to the BLAZING HEAT that always seems to accompany the Disney run on Labor Day weekend.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just checked the site and registration is already 73% full, so make sure you guys sign up soon! :) Now that I'm registered I'm thinking it'd be fun to dress up. I probably won't wear a full costume, but maybe a crown or something else that's simple and won't get in the way.

Also wondering, has anyone attended the pasta party before, and is it worth going to?
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This is my second time doing the Tink and it's a blast!! I have not signed up for the Pasta so I can't say if that's worth the price. I can say that staying at the resorts as opposed to one of the outside hotels is tottaly worth it. The race starts right in front of the Paradise Pier (at least it does if you're slow like me) and the entrance to California Adventure is really easy as well.
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just booked hotel - Expedia is very, very busy right now for that weekend, that's for sure! I live close enough that I'm only staying on Saturday night and will drive home Sunday so it's not a huge deal. (At least I have Monday off of work so I can spend the day recovering!) I'm also okay with anything close - I'll look at it as a warmup at 4am ~ right?

Looked at the prices of the resorts and they are CRAZY expensive. My room (about half mile away) is 1/3 the cost and still has a 4 star rating. I figure it will make up for the cost of the race itself, right?
  • Sherrielsb
    Options
    All registered! So looking forward to this. Now to figure out about where to stay. I'm flying in from Kansas so although its a bit pricier its just easier to stay on property, and no rental car and LA traffic to have to deal with. 3rd year of running Disney but my first Tinkerbell.
  • elizabethiguerra
    elizabethiguerra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I signed up today! This will be my third half marathon but my first disney run! I am so excited :)
  • andreafischer1982
    Options
    I t is my first too.
    Can not wait
    I signed in for Pasta in the Park - because it sounds nice esp. seeing world of color from reserved seats haven't seen it before. But i heard from many people that in Orlando it isn't worth the costs (not sure about Disneyland) but i definitly wants to do it once to see it myself.

Hotel:
    We stay at the Hilton it is a lot cheaper and the Partner Hotels offers a shuttle Transport too so i think it will be ok ;)

SEE YOU ALL IN JANUARY
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I signed up on the 5th as a DVC member. This will be my first runDisney event and my second half marathon. Very excited!