Skyrim---yeah I'm late I know

Options
jenbit
jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
So finally broke down and bought Skyrim............ I've died like a zillion times already (its been a long time since I played anything that wasn't a shooting game lol) I'm totally hooked of course Slowly building up my puny little warrior .

ANyone have any tips or stories...Come on I'm stuck at work and would love something to entertain me while I'm here on a Saturday waaaaaa

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Lookup guides for fast leveling blacksmithing and enchanting. You can get both up to max pretty easily. After that, you can make your own gear which makes the game easier.

Also, certain companions you can pay to try you then access their inventory and take the gold back (unless they fixed this). But this only works on certain companions, not all can second as a pack mule.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    +1 on the blacksmithing/enchanting. You can create an overpowered juggernaut if you play your cards right.

Imagine a vampire (bonuses to destruction/illusion) with enchanted daedric armor that gives you 0 cost for destruction and illusion magic... Yeah, juggernaut.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Bethesda's Twitter feed has some fun stuff sometimes, they linked a guide to houses that was really nice
  • robdel302
    Options
    There is also an enchanting/alchemy glitch that allows you to creat some stupid powerful items; emphasis on the word "glitch". I would only recommend doing this after completing the game since you can make items that gives +103453495% magic regeneration. The game is no challenge after this. There's a youtube video of a guy who made a bow that could 1 shot a dragon with a sneak attack. But these items do add for some fun; being able to shout Fus Ro Dah with a 1 second cool down is hilarious!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    1. Save often (cause glitchy game is glitchy, and losing a few hours of game time isn't any fun).
    2. Play your first play-through on Novice and get used to things, then crank up the difficulty if you so please.
    3. Buy Breezehome and use it for storage, if nothing else. Because running around encumbered all the time just slows you down.
    4. Level Smithing and improve all your gear.
    5. Use walk-throughs so you don't waste time running around aimlessly for no reason. I use this site a lot: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim
    6. If you have Dragonborn, don't go to Solstheim until your 20s or 30s, or prepare to get your butt handed to you.
    7. Enchant your gear as soon as you can, and get Smithing up to at least 60 so you can improve enchanted gear. I buy a weapon with the Soul Trap enchant as soon as I can afford it, disenchant it to learn the enchantment, and put it on all my current melee weapons so I always have filled soul gems on hand.
    8. I usually just store mats and batch-level smithing, alchemy and enchanting during times that I don't feel like questing.
    9. The DLCs are totally worth it (in my opinion).
    10. I made all my mistakes on my first character and basically learned what not to do.
    11. Focus putting your major perks into stuff you're actually going to use. And make sure you get the Warrior Stone blessing if you haven't done so already (from the Guardian Stones on the way to Riverwood after you leave Helgen).

Play all the major questlines though. For a warrior, you really can't go wrong with the Companions even at low levels. Most the quests in Whiterun are pretty fun and get you off to a good start.

Skyrim is hands-down my favorite RPG of all times. Been playing since November 2011 and am still having fun with it. Until Elder Scrolls Online comes out next year, anyway. Enjoy! It's awesome!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Bethesda's Twitter feed has some fun stuff sometimes, they linked a guide to houses that was really nice

Sorry, it's The Elder Scrolls feed I was thinking of
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you want some easy items to help you out there is a glitch where a merchant chest is accessible above the map in Dawnstar. Look for Dawnstar chest on youtube. Its a little tricky getting in to it but easy to learn. Oh ya horses die. I chopped wood all day once to buy a horse and it got killed right outside of town by a frickin saber and they dont respawn :grumble: Untill you get shadowmere. Its challenging if you try being a vampire. Oh ya, once your pickpocket skill is ok you can pickpocket trainers so you can get trained for free. Pay them to train you once, then hide behind them and steal the money back. Save often when you do this cause they catch ya sometimes.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the Dawnstar chest. Can't beat it for a bit of startup cash. :smile:

I hear there's other locations also, but that one is my go-to.
  • robdel302
    Options
    Is this the same glitch that makes you run Assassin's Creed like in Whiterun to get the chest hidden underground?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Play an Argonian.

Nothing beats playing a giant lizard man/woman. All the other races are just laughable and should be used as food for baby Argonians.
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Best glitch has to be the free house.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I fully plan on getting the DLC as soon as my internet finally get connected at home.......MY poor little warrior accidently got deleted because my friend was playing on my PS3 and is saved his new character over MINE grrrrrr...

However in 2 day I now have a LVL 14 warrior whose enchanting is in the 30's and everything I'm wearing is enchanted......I miss the auction house from WOW lol.........

Also I have 4 voices unlocked ...... So not to shabby in recovery time I think
  • deleted_due_to_wife
    Options
    love this game... i play it whenever i get a chance late at night...

i love that now you can make your skills legendary taking away the level cap.. that is so awesome...
  • sire137
    sire137 Posts: 41
    Options
    cant wait for the MMO.
  • deleted_due_to_wife
    Options
    cant wait for the MMO.

agree
  • nerding4ever
    Options
    Loved Fallout3 (my first bethesda game)
    Bought Oblivion last year, finally played it this year (hated being a mage, played assassin)
    Skyrim Legendary released this fall, must have!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    The free house exploit is awesome! Save your game before trying it! Look it up on Youtube. I have all the houses in the holds and did not pay for them or paid to decorate them.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I just role play and don't worry about overpowering characters, so I just play about and see what happens.

I like novice mode. I can kill all the things.
  • Praisethesun
    Options
    Play an Argonian.

Nothing beats playing a giant lizard man/woman. All the other races are just laughable and should be used as food for baby Argonians.

Even the Jarl reads the Lusty Argonian Maid books! Argonian > everything else. Plust Histskin and 50% disease resistance is nice.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Praise, is your name referencing dark souls??

:)