Vegan heading to Vegas

Options
sjhaar
sjhaar Posts: 43 Member
Hi,
I just found out that I am going to Vegas in a few weeks and am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places to eat? Particularly places where meat eaters can eat as well? I am staying at the Venetian, so anyplace around there would be good too.
Thanks!

Replies

• MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    Hubby and I relied on this blog for dining ideas: http://thevegasvegan.blogspot.com/ Also check out Yelp.

I remember eating at Tao while in the Venetian once. Typical Asian fare, but tasty. We really just made do at wherever we stayed and people were accommodating. I do remember Ronald's Donuts though. Vegan donuts? What a treat! YUM!
  • sjhaar
    sjhaar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I relied on this blog for dining ideas: http://thevegasvegan.blogspot.com/ Also check out Yelp.

I remember eating at Tao while in the Venetian once. Typical Asian fare, but tasty. We really just made do at wherever we stayed and people were accommodating. I do remember Ronald's Donuts though. Vegan donuts? What a treat! YUM!

Thank you so much, this looks like it will be very helpful!!!!!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Lindsay Nixon (of Happy Herbivore) was just there and made a post about it-
    http://happyherbivore.com/2013/04/taste-of-vegas/
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump in case I get to take a trip to Vegas! Great suggestions! :)
  • Desisveg
    Desisveg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Also, for anyone going to Vegas soon....The owner of the Wynn hotel is a vegan, therefore, all of the restaurants in the hotel have a separate vegan menu!
  • melmobs1
    melmobs1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There is a P.F. Changs inside Planet Hollywood. They have veggie/tofu dishes. That's all i can think of right now.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I was just in Vegas recently. Someone already mentioned the Wynn. Definitely go to a restaurant there of you can. The Encore hotel is also owned by the same man, and all those restaurants also have vegan menus. I got an amazing plate of vegan chicken and waffles and a chocolate soymilkshake at one of the restaurants at Wynn. Not really diet food, but... damn was it tasty. The PF Changs was also mentioned, but there's also a Pink's Hotdogs right outside of Planet Hollywood that has a veggieburger and a veggiedog. Burgr (owned by Chef Gordon Ramsay) made me a veggieburger that was pretty damn delicious and I know the meat eaters I was with enjoyed their food there as well. I found Vegas surprisingly vegan friendly in general.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Also check out happycow.com. I went to a raw vegan place called Go Raw Café north of town a ways that was very good. Not carni-friendly at all but delicious raw food and there were other food places nearby in the same strip mall.
  • eleqtriq
    eleqtriq Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wait wait waaaaaiiiit...

Vegan chicken and waffles?! A vegan dog at Pink's?!?! I'll be there in 1 month!! WOooooooooOOooOoot!!