July 1st sign-ins (and some announcements)

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Please sign in for July 1st in this thread.

To sign in, copy and paste the following three questions into your reply and answer them--"yes" or "no" (an answer of "no" to any of the three questions will get you removed from the group):

Did I eat under my calorie goal?:
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?:
Did I write down everything I ate and drank?:

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

June's challenge is over. Congratulations to the winners! Out of 36 original participants, only these five made it. Nice work, ladies. :)

armywf07
Jessiokafroka
margieparkins
miridai
phillysfrog

A reminder--
There are TWO types of days off you can take from the challenge: sick days and Earned Days Off. Here's how each works:

SICK DAYS
You have 5 sick days per month. You must be truly sick in order to take a sick day, or you have to be taking care of a loved one who's sick in an emergency situation; you can't just be tired or not in the mood to do the challenge. You only have 5 sick days, so if you anticipate that your illness will cause you to be out of commission for more than 5 days, then you should remove yourself from the challenge and re-enter during another month.

Some legitimate reasons to use sick days:
"I sprained my ankle."
"I have a cold."
"I'm coming down with something."
"A loved one died last night."
"I had to take my kid to the hospital."

Some NOT legitimate reasons to use sick days:
"The weather was bad, so I didn't exercise." (You can do 20 minutes of house work to fulfill the group's exercise requirement. There's no reason you can't at least do that, rain or super-shine.)
"I exercised a ton yesterday and wanted to take it easy today." (You're free to take it easy--by doing 20 minutes of house work. You must be active every day, no matter how super-active you've been in previous days.)
"I woke up at 2 a.m. and went to sleep at 11 p.m., so I ate more than my calorie budget allowed."

I've seen that last excuse before, and it killed me to kick that person out the group, but rules are rules. This brings me to the second type of day off you can take: Earned Days Off.

EARNED DAYS OFF
An Earned Day Off is a day off you can take for any reason. It's good have Earned Days Off under your belt for those occasions when you want to relax and not worry about the challenge, or for when something unexpected happens--like you waking up at 1:00 a.m. and not going back to sleep until 11:00 p.m.

You can earn up to 3 Earned Days Off per month. In order to earn an Earned Day Off, you have to read, watch, or attend something related to health, write a two-paragraph essay on what you read/watched/atteneded, and post your essay in the "Earned Days Off" thread. One essay will earn you one Earned Day Off. For more details, please see the "Earned Days Off" thread.

I think that's it for the announcements. Please let me know if you have any questions.

And, everyone--good luck! :)

Replies

• usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK so it's already 6.30pm here and I logged my diary off and done over the 20 mins required, although I plan to do 30DS in bout an hour!

Did I eat under my calorie goal?:YES
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: YES 37 mines run so far
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: Yeap, all food and coffee acounted for :)
  • madisonmacbeth
    Options
    -doublepost-
  • madisonmacbeth
    Options
    Did I eat under my calorie goal?: YES.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: YES.
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: YES.

Im going to be posting early, because I work graveyard, so I sleep from now until like 11:30 tonight and I dont have time to eat I run my alarm last minute hahaha.

I did good, like 120 calories all day and I even gave myself "cushion" in case I do eat because I already added what I would eat:P so it might be lower:D and I walked a couple miles today, to school with my bookbag, and to the mall down town.:)
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Did I eat under my calorie goal?: Yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: Yes...walking/chasing said 7 year old plus I will still need track my steps
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: yes
  • jenniferft1997
    jenniferft1997 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: Yes, I went to the gym today for over 2 hours and worked out the whole time I was there :)
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: Yes. I still have supper and then the peaches for dessert. I will be able to eat that and only that without any problems. After lunch and before supper is my problem time. Since joining here I am improving in those areas too :)
  • FrancesPerkins
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: Yes, I went for a run, I ran one mile (tragically slow) and briskly walked for 15 minutes.
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank: Yes. I'm new to myfitnesspal and hadn't noticied how much fat I intake just from breakfast! I'm looking into new lighter options.
  • PatriciaLdublin
    PatriciaLdublin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?:Yes
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank ?:Yes

I've been a very good girl today. Good Luck to one and all!!!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    July 1 :

Did I eat under my calorie goal?: YES
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: YES
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: YES
  • MrsMck22
    MrsMck22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    July 1st
    Did I eat under my calorie goal?:  YES
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?:  YES
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?:  YES

Bring on day two :-)
  • SavingSarah41
    SavingSarah41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    July 1st:

Did I eat under my calorie goal?: Yes, but barely.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: Yes, It is my birthday so I spent most of my time playing in the pool with my 5 year old twins. I spent 163 minutes doing cardio.
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: Yes, I have tracked everything and am stuffed for the day!!

Hope everyone is also having an awesome day!!!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: YES

Well I made it through day One. Would have been a bit embarrassing not to make it that far! lol
  • lucky1822
    lucky1822 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    July 1st
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: YES Elliptical 80 minutes!!
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: Yes I have
  • Solimama
    Solimama Posts: 5
    Options
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?:YES
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Did I eat under my calorie goal?: Yes :smile:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: Yes, walking
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: Yes
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    Need to use a sick day for today. Spent several hours in the er this morning and in too much pain to do anything but watch tv. I did track all my calories.
  • Hisgrace00
    Hisgrace00 Posts: 17
    Options
    July 1st

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: Yes
    Did I write down everything I ate and drank?: Yes

:flowerforyou:
  • beckybunnyun
    Options
    Date: July 1st
    Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

One day down!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    July 1:

Did I eat under my calorie goal?: yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: yes
  • CassMFP
    CassMFP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    July 1st

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: yes

Glad to be back!
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    July1st:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?: yes (run/walk X 50 min + heavy gardening)