Dishonored

Options
DesignGuy
DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
So, my cousin stops by unexpectedly early this week and says, "Here, play this." The game was Dishonored for the PS3.

I decided to put it in and two days later I finished it (high chaos ending w/save of someone).

This game was up my alley as far as setting goes. Graphics on the PS3 were ok. Kind of reminded me of Fallout 3 type stuff on the there. The game play was great (blink/assassinate FTW).

Anyone else play Dishonored?

Even though the game wasn't technically "open world," I loved how the areas were large enough that you had many options for progression through them, the ability to scout around and that there was a purpose for exploring.

Oh Granny Rags, I shall miss you. :D

Replies

• Getting7here
    Getting7here Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yep I played and finished Dishonored. A great little game. Loved the sense of place and the Blink ability. I think I ended with a high chaos ending too, it was just too fun to kill people. I agree that the way it gave you more than one way of approaching a mission was done very well. One of the better games I have played this year.
  • XxRavena
    XxRavena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started playing and am having trouble getting into it, mostly because of the stealth aspect of the game as I am used to the "hide in the dark and you are hidden" way haha
  • zteven82
    zteven82 Posts: 13
    Options
    Yeah I finished with high chaos as well. It was an easy choice to kill some of those people you came across. Especially the two clowns at the end.
  • Frag_Bunny
    Frag_Bunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as XxRavena. I had a hard time getting into it. I never actually finished it. You see, I'm one of those ocd gamers that had to do everything and go everywhere and find everything. I found I spent SO MUCH TIME trying to stay hidden and not cause all out chaos while try to explore every little knook and cranny in the world. I'm kind of bummed I couldn't get into it...and I cant figure out why...maybe I just couldn't get into the character or something. It's sad because I love the story and the atmosphere and art of the game. Maybe I'll give it a try again another day.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love stealth games and love completing them with as fewer deaths as possible (a la Deus Ex). So my first run of Dishonored was on the hardest difficulty without killing anyone. Slow and methodical. Thoroughly loved it.

The second run was a more standard, run of the mill video game massacre, but still enjoyable nonetheless.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like the game... I played it until the first assassination. The problem is that I have such a backlog of games, I hope I can get to it before the end of the month!