scared as sh*@t

Options
just signed up for my first sprint tri at Eagle Creek. My stomach is in knots and it's still 2 weeks away. But, I'm registered and paid so I'm DOING IT!

It asks "how fast can you swim?" My selected answer choice was "not good, but I'll make it" LOL

Angie

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    just signed up for my first sprint tri at Eagle Creek. My stomach is in knots and it's still 2 weeks away. But, I'm registered and paid so I'm DOING IT!

It asks "how fast can you swim?" My selected answer choice was "not good, but I'll make it" LOL

LOL - good one.... Good luck - you can do it! Let us know how it goes!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Definitely let us know how you do. I say as long as you finish then that's a great job, no matter what your times are!!!
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I 'd love to do a tri as I like to run and bike. I can swim, barely! I need to spend some time working on my swimming before participating.
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I 'd love to do a tri as I like to run and bike. I can swim, barely! I need to spend some time working on my swimming before participating.

They have duathlon- run, bike, run .... in case you're interested! :)

Angie
  • heatherlsi
    heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How'd it go? I love doing triathlons! I started last summer and now I am HOOKED =)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

They have duathlon- run, bike, run .... in case you're interested! :)

Angie

I'm doing this in August - they have a duathlon at the Go Girl. 2 mile run, 5 mile ride, 3 mile run. Yay for not swimming! Lol!
  • aeverton
    Options
    I did pretty good. I was not really familiar with Eagle Creek, so the one big hill out of transition was killer on the run. I finished in 1:30:25

I've definitely been bitten by the tri bug. I'm hoping to do the one in downtown Indy in August and I'd like to do the go girl at Eagle Creek.

I have to work on my swimming more. It took me 19 min. to swim 500m. LOL I had to keep telling myself to relax, and I could do it. I did!! Loved it. Balled like a baby when I finished :)

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Awesome! at least you know where you can easily improve... :)
  • heatherlsi
    heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! It sounds like you did a fantastic job! The open water swim (OWS) IS scary at first... most people just don't swim laps in a lake! =)

My first race was Tri Indy - it's a great race. The canal is great to swim in because if you get tired or scared you can just stand up, pull yourself together and move on... I'll be at that race this year with the Tri Tornadoes doing the Olympic! Can't wait! Maybe we can meet up?

I did Go Girl too, it's another really fun race, it's a blast to have only women on the course =).

My next race has me scared out of my wits! It's on July 13th... the Muncie 70.3. Ironman... I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up.... It's going to be a killer =)
  • aeverton
    Options
    My next race has me scared out of my wits! It's on July 13th... the Muncie 70.3. Ironman... I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up.... It's going to be a killer =)

WOW!! Good luck. I was wanting to volunteer at this race, but I have a family obligation. Maybe next year; or the Ironman in Louisville.

Angie
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Angie

Good luck tomorrow!! The weather looks to be perfect. I'll be cheering you on from Interstate 70 on the way to SC.