One Pound Wednesdays - introduce yourself!

Options
llalpaca
llalpaca Posts: 38 Member
Hello! I weigh myself every week on Wednesday morning and take measurements every fortnight. I joined a two-pound-Tuesdays group (see what I've done there) which was very friendly but found that if I didn't hit two pounds - I only managed once - I was demotivated and cross with myself. One pound seems to be the amount I can lose with a few dietary tweaks and a decent amount of exercise. I started at 177 pounds and am currently at 173. I want to get to 140 before Christmas as I'm going on a big holiday and don't want to feel sweaty and uncomfortable.

So feel free to say hi, even share weights or tips if you like. I'll make a board for every Wednesday and we can see how we're all doing and motivate each other!

Replies

• alicecorsiatto
    alicecorsiatto Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi There. I would be happy to try to do this. I am currently at 148.7 this morning and I would like to get to 137 as a goal weight. As i am starting to get down to the wire it is a little bit harder to lose but July is my month to kick *kitten* so I can look good on vacation in August! Wednesday Weigh Ins work for me.
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

My goal is to lose 10 pounds.
    Let's do this MFP!!! Slow & steady win the race!

Have a great day all!
  • harrisonj27
    harrisonj27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jennifer and I am looking to lose about 30 or so pounds. I need strong accountabilty so wednesday weigh ins work for me. Last friday I weighed in at 177.4. My main issue is keeping track of what I eat. I'm pretty good with exercise.

Where does everyone live and how old is everyone? I live in Minnesota and I am 39 years old.
  • Ashli_Renee
    Ashli_Renee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! This group sounds perfect for me. I want to the accountability without the pressure to lose an extreme amount per week. I agree the 1lb per week is very attainable. We can do this!

Feel free to view my diary and give feedback. I'm 5'7 and my highest weight was 237, my current weight is around 222 and my goal is 145. I exercise at least 4x per week, zumba and weight training.
  • Ashli_Renee
    Ashli_Renee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jennifer and I am looking to lose about 30 or so pounds. I need strong accountabilty so wednesday weigh ins work for me. Last friday I weighed in at 177.4. My main issue is keeping track of what I eat. I'm pretty good with exercise.

Where does everyone live and how old is everyone? I live in Minnesota and I am 39 years old.

I live in Houston and I'm 27.
  • iansgal
    iansgal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to find a great group of gals to lose weight with! I did MFP about a year ago and lost about 10 pounds. I gained it back slow but sure after I quit. I need the accountability from a group of ladies who also sometimes struggle. My biggest obstical is getitng bored with food, too busy to eat quality (or to even log on). I am currently at 170 and want to get down to 155. I think my goal is realistic and attainable. I hate excersising and I drink to much beer. I wont give up the beer so I might have to get over it and start walking or jogging again. I'll keep updating!!! Oh - I am from Reno and I am 32.
  • WeightLossWanted3
    Options
    Hi.......my name is Jaime and I am looking to lose 25 pounds to get to my ideal weight. Would love to weigh in on Wednesdays and have a support group to track progress and keep everyone motivated. I am planning on excercising 3X week at a minimum. Anything over that is a bonus. Trying to be realistic this time. Something is better than nothing :) I am 36 years old, currently living in Florida
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Rosie and I have huge goals for weight loss. I have lost a few pounds but I am soooo far from my goal weight. This summer and fall I would like to lose 75 pounds. I know that it is possible. I will be 30 by the end of September, and I really don't want to bring all of this weight with me into my 30's seeing that it dominated my teens and 20's.
  • lilianamarques33
    lilianamarques33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! my name is Liliana, I'm 29 (on July 10th). I am currently 219lbs after having gone down from 225 to 198 last year... i feel a bit hopeless and am trying MFP to see what I am doing wrong! I have noticed that even though I limit my coffee to 1 time a day and i do eat a lot of fruit...i still seem to eat a lot of sugar. i think this is my problem.

hopefully my wednesday weigh-ins will help me stay focused. I enjoy yoga and some gym time lol. i have a 3 1/2 year old son that keeps me going all day so he is another inspiration to lose this weight.

hopefully i will be able to lose my first goal which is 40 pounds.

good luck to everyone!!
  • iansgal
    iansgal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Liliana! I've never read coffee is bad for weight loss - have you? I drink about 9 cups of black coffee per day......................no cream or sugar though - I have a bad for me Starbucks once every three weeks or so.
  • llalpaca
    llalpaca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow, great to see so many of us that seem to committed to a weigh in and a steady weight loss. It seems accountability is a big deal to most of us. I'll begin by setting up a board for tomorrow so we can announce our starting weights, and then let's see how we go from there!

(I'm 31 and live in London, UK by the way) :smile:
  • Lizzy_coach
    Lizzy_coach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Beth and this is my first try at something like this.....hope it works. Thanks for setting it up! :smile:
  • suej234
    suej234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! This group formation is perfect timing for me. I just finished summer classes and am completely refocused on me and my fitness goals. Last summer I lost 30 lbs and have been holding steady since Halloween. Now it's time to get a move on those next 30! I'm a part time student, work full time and have a couple clients that I handle on the side. I work with a personal trainer 3x a week so activity is not the issue...what I put in my mouth is! I'm a sugar freak. And also a stress eater as evidenced by 4 lb gain in 10 days during finals week :-( I'm excited about the accountability this group offers.

My personal goal for the month of July is to get my eating habits under control. No sugar...candy, cookies, Starbucks, etc.

I look forward to getting to know you all and supporting and encouraging you in your goals!

Oh...and I'm 43 and from AZ.
  • PiscisBlue
    PiscisBlue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been reading all the comments and all have the goal to lose weight and stay in, no rush, no pressure, everything little by little to make it a process that allows us to learn to eat healthy, I confess, I lost weight in no time and back to recover again, sometimes more than they had previously, and the truth is frustrating, but I hope this time if I can achieve that goal that I want to get, so I am looking of people with my same goals to help each other and this group looks very interesting ... congratulations to all, if you're determined to do it, that it is not only in intention, let's do it :)
  • rsaree
    rsaree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This sounds GREAT!!! At work, we just finished a "Biggest Loser" competition and I GAINED 4 pounds. :grumble: Not my brightest moment. I really want to get back in shape, but between a recent vacation (SPLURGE!) and then a terribly intense sunburn, I have been going against my goals. I am excited for the help and support!!! :)
  • sursulo
    sursulo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! Looking forward to taking on this challenge. Reading through all of the introductions it sounds like this will be a very supportive group. I have about 50-60 pounds to lose and recently started to focus on myself. I <3 one pound!!
  • AnnieMacintosh
    Options
    Hi, I'm 21 and from the Midlands, England. I Joined MFP this week to spur me on with my last 5 pounds of weight loss before my holiday mid August! I think weigh in Wednesdays is great, as I've got a goal to follow. Annie
  • klainef
    klainef Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My goal is 40-50 pounds. At a pound a week, that'll take me about a year, but who cares as long as I'm healthy. Right now, I seem to be losing a few pounds a week, but I know that will slow down as I get closer to my goal. An average of a pound a week will be enough for me.
  • 576erika
    576erika Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I'm a couple of days late, but I just got re-motivated this morning, so I'm just going to jump on in...

I'm Erika, 37, living in Virginia, mom of two small boys, and planning to lose the baby weight and then some. I'm at 165.8 lbs, and my goal right now is 145. We'll see what that looks like when I get there and re-evaluate as necessary.

A weekly weigh-in to keep me accountable sounds great. I'm going on vacation for three weeks at the end of July / early August, and it will be nice to build in some good habits beforehand to keep it from being a free-for-all...
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Hi! My Name is Marla Jean, I'm 41 and I live in Alaska.

I accidentally posted this is the July 3 weigh-In post so I'll just repost it here too:

"My main goal is to be Fabulous AND Fit--you know healthy in every way, but for measurable goals I have 5!

First, I'm hoping to drop my BF% down to below 30%. Second, I'm hoping to drop my waist measurement below 30 inches. Third, I had a full physical in February and the main things that I need to improve are issues with Acid Reflux (heartburn) and Anemia (severely low IRON stores) otherwise I'd like to maintain all the other stuff that showed in my bloodwork which was good like cholesterol, blood pressure, and etc. Fourth, to improve or maintain my mental, spiritual and emotional health. (My Dad died this past October, I'm a TOTAL Daddy's girl and have been having a hard time adjusting.) And Fifth, to drop 50lbs by the end of February or until I reach that goal and then reassess my progress and decide where and/or what exactly "FIT" is for me. "