Complications

Options
Has anyone else had to have their liquid completely removed? My band slipped, my stomach pulled up and I could barely eat - drink .... and I let it go .... I had been vomiting for a couple months if I wasn't VERY careful but the scale said 186lbs .... yeah.... 186lbs. ...... so I kind of didn't care!

I had a barium swallow .... and yup ..... they took me over and removed every drop ....... and I could eat & drink. Guess when this happened .... the week of Thanksgiving ........ guess how much I've gained ..... yeah.... 23lbs. I had a fill 3 weeks ago after a good repeat swallow but only 2cc's and you wouldn't even know I had it done ....... I wanted to lose 5 lbs before I went back and I've gained 2!!!! Weigh in - one week from now.

So here's what I want to know:

Does anyone else LOVE TO EAT?!? I love to cook but sadly I love to eat too ........ and I do cook fairly healthy but WHY do I sabotage myself?!?

I'd love someone to explain HOW it is that I threw up repeatedly for a couple months ...... my skin looked like crap, I was dehydrated, my face was drawn and my hair is STILL FALLING OUT ...... I went thru all that to ALMOST be a size 14 .... and the minute I CAN eat .... I start and don't stop?

What type of crazy person does that? I'm so disgusted with myself .... and the more down I get about it.... the more I want to eat. I cried the day I weighed in under 200 ...... the first time since 1991............. and I cried the day I went back OVER 200!

I DID NOT share my surgery with people ..... I was actually sick of hearing how wonderful I look, how proud everyone is of me .... in my head I'm screaming SHUT UP - this has nothing to do with you. Now ..... I'm disgusted because everyone thinks I did it on my own and when I HAVE to do it on my own ..... I don't. *sigh* I could care about letting them down ...... but letting myself down stinks.

What you can't know - is I'm a self confident beautiful woman ......... feeling "beaten" like this is so foreign..... what part of my brain thinks this is all okay?

Anyone out there go through this?

Replies

• wannabe1959
    wannabe1959 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I haven't told anyone about my band either. The only soul that knows is my husband. My cousin and his wife both had a band and haven't really lost. Everybody keeps talking about them. I didn't want the family talking about me like they talk about them. I think if my band was empty I would shoot right back up again too. even now, knowing if I eat too much I will suffer, I sometimes still do. I know if more would fit in there, more would go in there. I started around 228. now I am 184. I too, had not been under 200 in years and years. I love my band and haven't regretted it for a minute. Everytime I eat too much I worry that I will have some complications like yours.. I have had a few episodes of vomiting from eating too much or too fast. I tend to ignore it too. because I know the band is the only reason I am losing
  • floraguilar
    Options
    Well have to share, I dont cook and I can fast
    every day until 2 or 3 pm, but when I sit to eat
    I will doble my portions. A friend of mine had the
    Lap Band done about a year ago, and he started
    to motivated me about the band, when I meet with
    Dr Billy, I realized that the Band wasnt for me.
    Instead I choose the sleve Sirurgy and Im on the
    way to have it done. My sirurgy is schedule for July 24th,
    I had to understand that this process would just restart
    my operative system (like the pc's) but is not a miracle,
    Every day you have to be on it, counting your calories,
    Carbs, protein, and always making sure that you are
    comsuming what you need to keep your self. Wannabe
    I believe you need a little bit of education about how to eat,
    You had done a hige descition as it is all bariatric surgerys,
    You are now in the middle of a marathon theres no way you
    can step out!... Little by little you will get to the goal, just stay
    focus and do not give up!