Hi

Options
My mother suffers from epilepsy and I know that if she lost a lot of weight and got off a lot of the medication for high bp and cholesterol she would be a lot better. I joined this grouop for her and to support everyone who has to go through it

Replies

• tigress7435
    tigress7435 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am glad someone has set up a epilepsy group. I have dealt with it for 17 years. It will be nice to have some others who are working on losing weight and dealing with it. to chat with.
  • tigress7435
    tigress7435 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am glad someone has set up a epilepsy group. I have dealt with it for 17 years. It will be nice to have some others who are working on losing weight and dealing with it. to chat with.
  • HealthyBrandi
    HealthyBrandi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about this too! Good luck to everybody in becoming healthier, decreasing their seizures, and becoming seizure free!
  • papalito
    papalito Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Manuel I have complex partial seizures and as a result of many factors need help getting back on track. Fear of seizures and exercise which when done intensely or getting too hot cause auras. Emotional depression from not driving and waiting for a temporal lobectomy after a VNS implant showed a seizure increase made me go further off track. so now I'm here trying to get back on track stp by step with what I can do like tracking and minimal indoor exercise.
  • HealthyBrandi
    HealthyBrandi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome Manuel ! Some of my family asked why I wasn't interested in the VMS, and the effects of exercise scared me away from it. Good luck on getting back on track. Exercise helps improve my mood when feeling depressed. Have you tried yoga? There has been research stating that this exercise can help decrease seizures.
  • SunshineUK
    SunshineUK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey.. im Tracey.. i have temple lobe seizures and absents on high dose of meds and since being upped put on alot of weight.. trying to lose the weight and get set for my wedding in 2015 :)
  • dianegreennet
    dianegreennet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracy,

Thanks for contacting me. Seems pretty vacant in the Epilepsy group doesn't it? Not many recent posts I mean. I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy too. I have Complex Partial Seizures primarily. But other kinds have occurred. I started this Ketogenic/Modified Atkins Diet at the end of January. I've lost 5 pounds! That was easy too. I hardly ever exercise. I need to lose 20 pounds though.

Since I started this diet I haven't had any seizures. I had one after I had just started. It had been a bad week already though, which led me to start this diet. A friend of mine recommended it, and when I called my Neuro about the seizures, he recommended it too. They must have been on the same wavelength!

Lately I am better off, sharper inspite of the drugs I'm on, remembering words etc....I'm going to stay on it indefinitely. Maybe I can start getting off these drugs! I didn't want to start taking any more. I was starting to see double and become a village idiot. My only next option was to have brain surgery and I just can't make myself go forward with that...yet

Diane