For Twin Peaks fans

Options
blinkblink16
blinkblink16 Posts: 12 Member
What's your favorite scene?

Mine is probably when Sheriff Truman is about to meet Albert for the first time and Agent Cooper grabs his nose and makes a funny sound. What was that?! :laugh:

Actually, pretty much anything with Agent Cooper :love:

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Alright I'll just come out and say it. I only ever saw an episode here and there but I just wasn't able to get in to it. I found the show to be extremely confusing. I do consider myself to be pretty intelligent and I just couldn't figure out what they were going for. It is possible that the show was just over my head but I doubt it.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Alright I'll just come out and say it. I only ever saw an episode here and there but I just wasn't able to get in to it. I found the show to be extremely confusing. I do consider myself to be pretty intelligent and I just couldn't figure out what they were going for. It is possible that the show was just over my head but I doubt it.

It's a show that you definitly should watch from the start in order to have a chance to follow it, otherwise it would get pretty confusing. Good show though.

I think one of the Premium channels should buy the rights to it and remake it...I think it would be an awesome HBO / Showtime series.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    So you are saying that if I saw it from the very beginning it would have made sense? I think with this show that is a valid questionl
  • gonnasee33
    gonnasee33 Posts: 163
    Options
    ohh your talking about the show !!

I thought you were talking about the restaurants

308451.jpg
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    There's something oddly fascinating about "Twin Peaks" ....... like it's secretly goofing on US ...... also, anything with Kyle MacLachlan in it has gotta be weird :laugh:

Also, if you get a chance, watch "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" which came out after the series, but is actually a "prequel" ..... but even that may not clear things up .....
  • blinkblink16
    blinkblink16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I think the first step with Twin Peaks is to recognize that it is impossible to comprehend completely. There are parts of it that are just plain weird, and the plot is so convoluted it took me watching the whole thing a few times to get even a general idea of what was going on. You just have embrace the weirdness! :smile:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Watching it all the way through start to finish will help a lot with that. Episodes aren't self contained, so if you are missing chunks of the show then yeah.... It's going to be confusing.

Also it is David Lynch. So yeah... It's going to be weird and confusing. Lol.