Fish Recipes??

Options
ChristyJade
ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
Hi All,

I bought some frozen fish fillets, I think they're haddock, but they've been sitting in my freezer for a while now cause I don't really know what to do with them!

Anyone have any suggestions of recipes/meals I can make with them? :)

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    I tried this recipe and loved it - and asparagus is in season at the moment!

Delicious and under 400 calories:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/delicious-roasted-white-fish-wrapped-in-smoked-bacon-with-lemon-mayonnaise-and-asparagus
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had a massive white fish fillet phase a while back:

- Defrost in micro
    - Stir fry onions and other veg inc garlic, add fish and then add soy, chinese vinegar (or lemon juice), honey, sweet chilli dipping sauce
    - Consume with your choice of carb. I like wholewheat noodles or quinoa

Also try fish pie with a sweet potato topping:

- Make a white sauce
    - Add fish, nutmeg, black pepper
    - Top with mashed, boiled sweet potato
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    This thai fish recipe is amazing http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/25501/barbecued+fish+with+thai+dressing+and+coconut+rice

I don't like spicy so I leave out the chilli. Nice and summery too :) I just do it in the frypan instead of the barbecue.

If you want something more simple you could just pop the fillet on a piece of foil, top with slices of tomato and lemon, sprinkle with black pepper then pull in the foil to cover and bake in the oven.

I like a good chowder too but it's not really the right weather right now :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,673 Member
    Options
    My mom's contact fried fish recipe:

Cook filets in acidulated water or microwave. Place in rimmed serving dish and over with a cubic inch of finely diced ginger and a bunch of finely sliced spring onions. Season with a glug of soy sauce, a pinch of sugar, some lemon juice and some wine/sherry/saki/mirin. Bring to the table. Heat up a quarter cup of olive oil to just smoking and carefully pour over the fish to contact fry and blend flavours. A lot of dramatic sizzling noise will ensue
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple

Just wrap in a tin foil parcel and either bung in oven [gas 4] or steam for about 20 minutes

serve with whatever you fancy, I steam fresh veg , like broccoli, cauli, new spuds, French beans etc with the fish, adjust timings to suit

Serving with chips fried in lard is not a good idea ;-)
  • mounty89
    mounty89 Posts: 41
    Options
    Some good suggestions here i might try myself. Thanks guys
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    when i do fish at home its usually with broccoli cheese and sweet potato wedges!

spinach risotto is also nice with white fish too.