Why is there no scales?

Options
mmyers1129
mmyers1129 Posts: 67 Member
If Planet Fitness is biggest sponser of Biggest Loser and that show revolves around a scale but every planet fitness ive been to does not have a scale in fact the only gym ive ever been to that does not have a scale pretty odd? just wondering why if anyone has any clue

Replies

• mmurray9171
    Options
    I sometimes wish they would have one, too. I met with a trainer the other night there and he said that he prefers to measure weight loss in centimeters vs pounds, so maybe it's a company philosophy?
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the bathrooms? The planet fitness I use to belong to had 2 in the bathroom.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    No scales in my PF, either.
  • ReligiousFitness
    ReligiousFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My planet fitness for sure doesnt have one and it irritates me! they should for sure have one since it is a gym!
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I checked ours today and I didn't find one there either. I went out and bought a decent one made by Weight Watchers.
  • palmirana
    palmirana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Check your locker room. Ours has a big fat old fashioned scale where you have to move weights from one side to the other.
  • mmyers1129
    mmyers1129 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have belonged to 2 different planet fitness nether had one
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed. Seems weird though since it is a gym. I'm finding they have alot of weird quirks....

I prefer you weigh myself in the morning anyway, so I like having my own.
  • Flgrl1973
    Flgrl1973 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My planet fitness has a scale in the ladies shower room.