Challenge check up - Second challenge - 7-8-13 - Push!

SillaWinchester
SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
Hey everyone!

It's that time of the week. The time we get to talk about how we handled the previous weeks challenge.

"Guilt me not" was our first challenge. We had to cut out our most guilty pleasure for one week - cold stone - cold turkey - none of it for one week!

So how did you all do?

I didn't do so well. It was a tough week and sadly I gave into my friends homemade vanilla pudding chocolate chip cookies. FAIL. However, I did limit myself to one instead of the whole pan. That in itself is a step up to how I used to be. The moral or the story? Whether you ate it or you didn't, how do you feel? I personally feel fine having eaten it because I know that one cookie isn't going to ruin all my hard work. We all deserve a little treat now and then.

Secondly, we have this coming weeks challenge. I feel like the name "Push" works splendidly.

How many calories do you burn on average? (Leave that number in a comment.) Push yourself to the max everyday this week and burn at least 500 calories a day!

This one might be difficult for people like me who have a set workout plan and burn at most 300 calories daily, but that's why it's called Push! We need to push ourselves to do the best we can everyday! We need to not "call it good" after a few hundred burned.

If you ever feel a bit discouraged, remember, the more you burn, the more you can eat if you need an extra little snack! ;)

If you already burn 500+ calories daily, then keep at it! Also maybe comment your workouts so us lower calorie burning folks have some ideas!

I hope you all have an amazing week and GOOD LUCK!

Ready, set, BURN! ;)

- Prescilla! :)

Replies

• taraj1987
    taraj1987 Posts: 12 Member
    I didn't do so well last week either because we had a lot of BBQ's and holiday stuff that made it really difficult to stay away from desserts! I am ready for this week though and I'll definitely need the extra burn to make up for last week:) I usually burn around 300 calories/week too so I really will have to push it!
  • ReadynWillin
    ReadynWillin Posts: 104
    To be honest I'm not really sure what my "average" is for calories burned daily. If I had to guess I'd say the average would be in the 300's, but, like I said, I don't really know. I'll just walk my doggy a little extra until I reach 500 everyday. I'm sure he'll appreciate it haha

Oh right, last week's challenge. My success was variable depending on how you look at it. I swore off icecream, and never (this week) did I eat any. However, I certainly indulged in a slice of creme brulee cheesecake, some caramel dip, an oatmeal cookie, and a full-fat coffee yogurt cup. Still, I ate drastically fewer empty calories and fewer calories overall this week. Sooooo, technically this is an all-around win for me. Unless, of course, you count switching out icecream for cheesecake as cheating lol. Otherwise, I'm good ;)
  • itgonrain
    itgonrain Posts: 6
    I didn't do so well last week considering I practically live off of FiberOne brownies :/ It's my go-to snack of the day.
    Hopefully I'll do better with this week's challenge! :) I usually burn about 200-300 calories per day as-is so it'll be tough but I'm gonna try my best.
    Good luck to you guys!
  • getsuyoubi
    getsuyoubi Posts: 55 Member
    Have been pushing and it feels good: 749, 831 and 877 kcal burned the last three days.
  • I started last week's challenge this week and I am combining the challenges. Hopefully I can do it with some support! Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation, advice, etc. I'm not sure if I can burn 500 everyday but I sure hope I do!
  • Aejoso
    Aejoso Posts: 13 Member
    This challenge is exactly what I need this week. I wish I would have seen it at the beginning of the week....but I'll just start now!
  • getsuyoubi
    getsuyoubi Posts: 55 Member
    Remaining days:

Thursday: 1288
    Friday: 857
    Saturday: 185
    Sunday: 321