Weekend updates

Options
MissingMinnesota
MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
So since we didn't have a Friday post how was everyone's weekend?

Nothing really new and interesting here as the rain doesn't seem to want to stop. Friend had a bbq saturday and I ended up trading in my sandals for my cletes as the ground got muddy.

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Nothing too eventful. I helped a friend move and used muscles that I haven't used in a few months. It doesn't take long to get out of shape again. I went to a high school graduation party for my girlfriend's niece. Her friends were there and all were nice but I have a hard time imagining that I was as naive, clueless, goofy, and irresponsible as she and her friends were. Yikes. My mom is visiting this coming Friday so I stopped procrastinating on buying a new bed. I found a King-sized bed for my room. It will be delivered on Thursday and I'll move my current bed to the other bedroom. I've been thinking/planning on buying a new bed for a few months now. Her coming expedited the process. I really didn't want to sleep on the air mattress I have.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Friday – Got off work early…. then nothing exciting because I have no idea what I did.

Saturday – Ran a 20k which was a bad idea. Way to hot, way to long, I felt like *kitten* afterwards. Went home exhausted laid by the pool and fell asleep in the sun for 3hrs. Woke up bright red.

Sunday – Sunburn big time! B!tched all day about the 20k I ran and for falling asleep at the pool.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Friday – Got off work early…. then nothing exciting because I have no idea what I did.

Saturday – Ran a 20k which was a bad idea. Way to hot, way to long, I felt like *kitten* afterwards. Went home exhausted laid by the pool and fell asleep in the sun for 3hrs. Woke up bright red.

Sunday – Sunburn big time! B!tched all day about the 20k I ran and for falling asleep at the pool.

hahha this reminds me of a cheesy pickup line one of my friends posted on FB yesterday.

"Hey girl, I got this sunburn on purpose so I can be your lobster" (Friends reference)
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

hahha this reminds me of a cheesy pickup line one of my friends posted on FB yesterday.

"Hey girl, I got this sunburn on purpose so I can be your lobster" (Friends reference)

Love that--and I even got the Friends reference....lol
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Friday night-crazy busy scrambling to find shoes for wedding Saturday.

Saturday had wedding--blazing hot--98 degrees at 530 and oppressive humidity to make it worse, and was all outside--ceremony right in the baking sun with no cover. Wedding party had done pics before ceremony, so bride told all groomsmen they could shed jackets--they still had shirts and vests--it was THAT hot. But, she was beatiful and was mostly a good time.

Then Sunday I had to stay in the a/c and recuperate--would have been a great beach day, but no one was around to go with, so just stayed home.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Friday- I got off early and had and doc apt and then went to the therapist with mom. I *think* she will go back but I may have to go with her. We got in the hot tub at her hotel for a bit and drank some wine. If I you are confused my mom had a fire last week at her house and lost everything and is now at hotel until her condo is rebuilt.

Saturday- Ex bf got a new used car and I went with him to pick it up and drop off the rental he was driving. Then we grilled out with friends of his and watch the race outside. It was fun and very relaxing after a stressful week.

Sunday- I went on a first date with a guy from POF. We went riding on his Harley. We had lunch and rode for about three hours. Then went to my house and watched TV and made out like teenagers.:blushing: It was fun and I think I'll see him again.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Nothing but the usual, work and gym. I'm off work until July 26th. Long vacation to San Diego, Comic-con, oh and meeting this girl too:blushing: ...forgot her name though...:tongue: I have a couple days to gather things, pack, load up my MP3 player with music and podcasts for the long road trip, but of course instead of getting all this stuff ready in advance, I waited. >.> I'm one of those guys who procrastinates with their holiday shopping and then you'll see running around on X-Mas eve, trying to get presents for peeps. 2 days should be enough but it's more like 1 day since a few friends want me to go to the drive-in movie theater before I leave on my road trip. Since I work nights and live in WA, I hope to make it down there without bursting into flames from too much sun exposure.:glasses:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Nothing but the usual, work and gym. I'm off work until July 26th. Long vacation to San Diego, Comic-con, oh and meeting this girl too:blushing: ...forgot her name though...:tongue: I have a couple days to gather things, pack, load up my MP3 player with music and podcasts for the long road trip, but of course instead of getting all this stuff ready in advance, I waited. >.> I'm one of those guys who procrastinates with their holiday shopping and then you'll see running around on X-Mas eve, trying to get presents for peeps. 2 days should be enough but it's more like 1 day since a few friends want me to go to the drive-in movie theater before I leave on my road trip. Since I work nights and live in WA, I hope to make it down there without bursting into flames from too much sun exposure.:glasses:

Oooooh!! You'll have to tell us all about the girl! How exciting!! Have fun and don't burst into flames, at least not until after you see her;)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Since it was a four-day weekend, I'll start at the beginning...

Thursday - My parents had me drive down to their house and they made a big breakfast before we went out. I went with them and my sister to see TWO movies - Lone Ranger and Despicable Me 2. I couldn't really tell you how Lone Ranger was because the entire movie was out of focus and it was far too distracting for me to get anything out of it. They gave us raincheck vouchers for a future movie, so I guess that's a plus. Despicable Me 2 was great. I LOVED the first one though. We went out to dinner, then I headed home and watched seven(!) different fireworks displays from my balcony.

Friday - Spent the whole day doing virtually nothing. I watched some Smallville on my computer, went out to the pool where I read for a while, then came back in. I went out with this guy from Match that I had met a couple of weeks before. Date was okay at best, even if I did get some.

Saturday - I went over to my roommate's grandfather's house for a family 4th/July birthdays party. We spent five hours in the pool, had good food, enjoyed lots of excellent company. I had another Match date with a new guy. The date was also only okay. I ran into some friends I hadn't seen in a couple of years, and they came over to chat for a while making me feel kind of awkward not talking to my date. Then when I was able to start talking to him, the band started playing and we had to yell the whole time. He kissed me good night, which I USUALLY prefer not to do on a first date for a few different reasons, but that kind of ruined it. Bad timing, not a great kiss... just no sparks.

Sunday - Stayed in bed until I had to get up to eat lunch, then ran a few errands.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Friday night- drank and shot off fireworks with the neighbor

Saturday- spent the day out at the lake, swimming, drinking, tubing, drinking, laying in the sun, drinking

Sunday- went to the Amana Colonies and explored the shops
  • baraccus
    baraccus Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I'm jealous! That sounds like fun! Especially Comic-con! *Thinks he knows who you are talking about in San Diego* Have fun!

Thursday- Cycling then BBQ time and a bajillion illegal fireworks going off around my house

Friday- Cycling then personal trainer session then gaming like a big nerd!

Saturday- Cycling then The Lone Ranger! I was a little hesitant to see it due to the critics reviews but I liked it, solid movie filled with action and some humor.

Sunday- Lazy day! Bad on my diet...watching Bruce Willis movies on TV...followed by True Blood....nothing to see here..haha
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I think I'll wait for The Lone Ranger to come out on video and rent it. I've seen 2 noncritic reviews. You said you liked it. A person I work with posted to Facebook that she saw it for free and still feels like she got ripped off.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Oh I saw World War Z this weekend. Solid movie.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    Met THE guy for me ... we're both crazy for each other. He's super sweet and super hot (bonus) lol.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    Friday- I got off early and had and doc apt and then went to the therapist with mom. I *think* she will go back but I may have to go with her. We got in the hot tub at her hotel for a bit and drank some wine. If I you are confused my mom had a fire last week at her house and lost everything and is now at hotel until her condo is rebuilt.

Saturday- Ex bf got a new used car and I went with him to pick it up and drop off the rental he was driving. Then we grilled out with friends of his and watch the race outside. It was fun and very relaxing after a stressful week.

Sunday- I went on a first date with a guy from POF. We went riding on his Harley. We had lunch and rode for about three hours. Then went to my house and watched TV and made out like teenagers.:blushing: It was fun and I think I'll see him again.

Haha my date was also a POF date. Those fishies aren't all bad! :p