Juicing Cleanse

Options
evey2005
evey2005 Posts: 6 Member
I am looking into doing a juice fast, or cleanse. But right now I am eating about 1500-1700 calories a day. I doubt I will get that from the cleanse alone. I am scared my metabolism will rebound and it will actually hurt my weight loss. Any Suggestions???

Replies

• ANSL_Mom
    ANSL_Mom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to do the juice cleanse? Your reasons will help with the answers.
  • evey2005
    evey2005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have never done one and I am at a plateau. I have been gaining muscle and going down in clothing size, but the scale is not changing. Just looking for another way to make my body healthier. :)
  • ANSL_Mom
    ANSL_Mom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The gain in muscle paired with drop in clothing size explains the lack of movement on the scale but it is not a plateau. YOur body sounds like it is doing all the right things. Keep it up.

I know it is hard to watch the scale number stay the same but the imprtant part here is that your body is changing in the right direction. Pay more attention to how your clothes fit and less to the number.

Great job!
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    Juices add up in calories so if you are worried about not getting enough calories then don't. You will be fine. I know lots of people who have done a cleanse and LOVED it. Me personally, I can't do the full 3-5 days. But I have switched 1-2 meals a day for awhile with juices and felt great!!! :)
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    stick to what has been working for you i personally have never had a juice cleanse but you can see the difference in your clothing, muscle toning etc don't going doing anything that could hinder your weight loss
  • bcjackson888
    bcjackson888 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Juicing is extremely beneficial if done the correct way. For example, just buying juice in the store, no matter how healthy it claims to be, is not going to benefit you in any real way whatsoever.

If you have a juicer, great! This will be pretty easy for you. If not, a blender will do but it takes a lot more effort. With the right combinations of fruits and vegetables you can create a juice that is nutrient-dense and cleansing to your whole body. A quick search on youtube for "juicing recipes" will bring up a well of information on what nutrients are best for certain problems or illnesses or energy, etc...

If you are seeing a difference in your clothing size, I wouldn't give too much mind to the scale. It is very possible with a **RAW** juice fast (not from store bought juices) you could lose a few more pounds, but it all depends on what juices you are drinking, how long you fast for, and what you eat when coming out of the cleanse.