frustrated! help no weight loss!

Options
Hi, my name is Shari and I'm new here. I started 3 and a half weeks ago, very excited and motivated. I have been sticking to 1200-1300 calories per day, and doing Zumba 5 days a week and have lost NOTHING! I have about 35-40 lbs I'd like to lose. My wt since starting has fluctuated between -3 lbs and my start wt. What is going on?! People I've talked to have suggested; "you must be cheating" I AM NOT, "maybe you hit a plateau" how? I just started?" And my favourite "maybe your fat is just turning to muscle" well, my measurements are basically the same too! Any ideas would welcome, I am feeling extra frustrated! Thanks.

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Aim for 1800 min.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Aim for 1800 min.
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Eat more! I eat around 1700 - 1800 a day (TDEE-25%) and lose consistently.
  • bcjackson888
    bcjackson888 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ^Agreed. You're not eating nearly enough to fuel your body properly for exercising that often. Make sure to eat very nutrient-dense foods and not just something to fit your calorie bill. As with anything, it takes time! 3 1/2 weeks isn't really that long. I'd say give it a bit longer and try eating a little more, if you don't see any difference in a few weeks, maybe seek the help of a nutritionist.
  • zumbamume
    zumbamume Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions and support! I'll try adding some more calories, hopefully I'll see some results soon. If not I will be calling my Dr.
  • lucyszum
    lucyszum Posts: 3
    Options
    same thing happend to me it took a few weeks for the weight loss to realy kick in but make sure you only weigh yourself in the morning before any food or drink i usualy weigh a couple of pounds more by the end of the day!x