2014 Brides

Options

Replies

• BeeRodMul
    BeeRodMul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I need 100 pounds to lose by next July or else people would think my fiance is marrying an orca.

I laughed out loud at this! :-) Ahhh I know we all want to look 'perfect' on the big day but your fiancee obviously adores you, orca or not otherwise you wouldn't be on this page!!! Besides 'perfect' is different to everyone, and that goes for EVERYTHING we'll be planning over this year and not just weight/shape/size!

We got engaged last weekend, after exactly 6 years & 11 months! (Guess he wanted to throw me off by not waiting until our anniversary!) and the venue is booked for May next year. Hoping to lose 60lb but will just see how it goes. Running City 3 Surf in Sydney in 8 weeks and so far can't run for more than 4 mins straight so have a lot of work to do already!!

My biggest worry is planning my wedding from 10,500 miles away. Currently in Australia for work but getting wed back home. Would LOVE to hear from anyone else in this boat.

All of you wanting to loose a significant amount of weight... when will you start dress shopping? Eek how exciting!! xx

I've already found the dress. But like I said in the dress thread, it might be too big on me when it's all said and done. The only reason why I picked the recommended size is the hips. I do have hips and a butt and my dress clings along the hips. The good thing is this dress is a lace-up.

As for the orca comment, when I met my fiance, I was 70 pounds lighter than I am now. This is what happens when you're in love, you eat like it's no tomorrow. So far I've lost 6 pounds but even if I get to only 200 on my wedding day, I'll be happy.
  • FauxBoho
    FauxBoho Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me! My wedding was booked for March 21st 2014 but the venue just fell through :( I'm disappointed but think I may have dodged a bullet (well that is how I'm going to look at it!) so I'm on the search for a new venue.

I'm trying to lose about 25 lbs (about 10kgs), that is the weight I feel I look my best.
  • Gremikins
    Gremikins Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 2014 bride! Our day is set for Sept 27, 2014. So that means dress shopping this winter so only a couple of months to be as fit as I want to be. But hopefully a bit sooner for our engagement photos this fall. I have everything picked out we are currently in the process of booking them all though.
  • Alexjoy817
    Options
    September 2014 for me! Congratulations all around, finding the right person to spend your life with is the happiest feeling. My weight has always fluctuated a fair amount, but all the engagement excitement has tuned into dinner with friends and family+drinks with co workers+ romantic meals at home which = being a bit heavier than I was when I met my soon to be husband. I feel very special and loved, but I know if I get back into shape it will make my big day feel even better! Hoping that all the hard work you girls are doing will inspire me and make me more accountable on this journey to getting my REAL body back. I am talking NO juice cleanses, protein diets, or two a day gym sessions. I just want to stay active, eat mindfully, and find some balance, as I am sure you all do. So I am ready to get started!!!! I think we can do it :)
  • Alexjoy817
    Options
    I set the SAME wedding date! congrats!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Our day is set for Sept 27, 2014. So that means dress shopping this winter so only a couple of months to be as fit as I want to be.

Eek! Our wedding is early May and I wasn't dress shopping until late November... should it be earlier?!

Hows the new venue hunt Faux Boho? x
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Getting married fall of 2014. Will have my date booked within the next month :)
  • GangsterKimmie50
    GangsterKimmie50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I'll be getting married on 04/18/14!! :happy:
  • fiercefemme
    fiercefemme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting married May 2014. I'm afraid to look at dresses because I don't know what my body will look like. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats Everyone!
    We were engaged end of January and planning a June 14/14 wedding! I have already picked a dress but concerned how my stomach looks in it hopefully with some weight loss I won't have to worry as much...
  • Cal28
    Options
    Getting married May 2014. I'm afraid to look at dresses because I don't know what my body will look like. Anyone else have this problem?

Me! Not looking (in the flesh) until November although have a few on Pinterest.

Ooh we looked at the Easter weekend too Kimmi (but had issues with registering etc), will certainly be a Good Friday for you :-) xx
  • Amandatorie
    Amandatorie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Our day is set for Sept 27, 2014. So that means dress shopping this winter so only a couple of months to be as fit as I want to be.

Eek! Our wedding is early May and I wasn't dress shopping until late November... should it be earlier?!

Hows the new venue hunt Faux Boho? x

I've read you should be dress shopping 9 months before the wedding....so if I were you I'd start in August! It can take some time to find the right dress, and then it can take a while for it to come in (if you wait to long, you'll be relegated to buying off the rack), and then you need time for alterations.
  • Amandatorie
    Amandatorie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 2014 bride! Our day is set for Sept 27, 2014. So that means dress shopping this winter so only a couple of months to be as fit as I want to be. But hopefully a bit sooner for our engagement photos this fall. I have everything picked out we are currently in the process of booking them all though.

We're on the same timeline! We've been looking at venues...we have 2 we really like, and are getting the details on one of them tonight (we already have the details on the other)...and then we just have to commit to one and pick the date! We're looking late September-October, 2014.

I really want to lose a good amount so I'm comfortable in the engagement photos we're planning for around September, and then I can't wait for dress shopping in December/January! I wear about a size 14 now (although I've definitely come across 14's that are too small, yikes)...I'd love to be dress shopping as a street clothes size 10/12. I feel like the sample dresses will have a chance of going on that way!
  • Cal28
    Options
    I've read you should be dress shopping 9 months before the wedding....so if I were you I'd start in August! It can take some time to find the right dress, and then it can take a while for it to come in (if you wait to long, you'll be relegated to buying off the rack), and then you need time for alterations.

How many dress fittings are there?! I was hoping to buy at home in the UK with mum and just get it altered two weeks before the wedding when we fly home, but sounding more like I may need to buy it in Aus :-(

What kind of venues are you looking at Amanda? How exciting! We've never seen ours in the flesh but are trusting mum & dad have chosen well! Sent the Save the Dates out this week :-)

I'm sure you'll look great in the engagement photos regardless of what you manage to lose, though I know most of us are striving for 'perfection'. My OH, bestman and bridesmaid (his sister) are all very tall and slim so I don't want to be the short fat chick in all our photos x
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i'm also afraid to try on dresses because i don't know how my body will look. i also am scared that if i lose weight, they won't be able to alter it enough :/
  • jlo_gemini
    Options
    Another 2014 bride!!!
    was engaged on Dec 14 2012 and waiting until June 28 2014.
    Adam and I have always wanted to get married on a long weekend so we can party hard for days!
    We decided to hold off for a few reasons. 1) Adam, and almost all of our friends and wedding party members, are a farmer of some sort. So summer is a busy time regardless of all the weddings already happening in our lives this year.
    We also needed time to save and plan and didnt want to be rushed.
    the first 6 months have FLOWN by!

Not to mention the massive VACATION we are taking in the new year as a "early honeymoon" with a ton of friends!! This was planned many months before he purposed. So instead of going alone and after the wedding that is already at a hot time of year, we are going to need to be inshape come Janurary!!!! eeeek!

common last 15 lbs!
  • ambrackin
    ambrackin Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I got engaged March 2, 2013 and planning an October 2014 wedding. I haven't done too much of anything, other than check out some possible reception places...Right now my weight fluctuates between 232 and 238 lbs. I am not trying any dressing on until I get to 200lbs...hoping to get to 170 by the wedding date.
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My fiancee and I got engaged in Feb,2013. Been together almost 10 yrs. We are getting married Oct, 2014 :love: . The reason is so we can save money and have a real nice wedding, and honeymoon. If you would love to be friends with me please add me, would love more brides to be.
  • meganwnek
    meganwnek Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone! On our three year dating anniversry he finally asked!! Getting married next summer and want to lose about 14 lbs by then! Would love some motivational friends with the same goals - looking beautiful for their 2014 wedding!!
  • golubchik
    golubchik Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I am getting married on 12.07.14 too:) Need to loose 22 pounds to be my dream weight, and i think one year is a great time to achieve this goal! I tried wedding dresses for the first time the other day and I do look good in them, that's objective, but I would like to look fantastic and in a bikini after the wedding too!:)
    Good luck to us! We can do it! Wedding is a greatest motivation!
    x