Mentor?

Options
juliasnewlife
juliasnewlife Posts: 50 Member
I am planning on starting this program next week. I'm thinking classic cycle. Would anyone here like to friend me, mentor me, and let me view your diary? I have lost 30 using MFP but it has been extremely slow so I am looking forward to shaking things up. I still have a lot to lose.

Thanks!

Replies

• juliasnewlife
    Options
    Okay this doesn't appear to be a very active group. Where do you guys get support and ?s answered?
  • densa56
    densa56 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is not a very active group...makes it very frustrating! I have been doing CTL for 4 weeks. Will finish my slingshot week tomorrow and start on a 2nd cycle on Monday. I have lost 7 lbs. I was hoping for more but, 7 lbs is good when your are not "suffering" while dieting. This last week (slingshot) has been the most difficult.

How did you lose the first 30 lbs? How long did it take? If you find a better site ti get information from, please come back and let me know. I check in once every other day to see if anyone has been here. You and I could just run things by each other as support...see how we do. Maybe others will join in.
  • juliasnewlife
    Options
    I lost the first 20 just following MFP suggestions. It took well over a year. I am a very slow loser with a tyroid condition. It was 30 lbs but I gained almost 10 back in last month. I have had pneumonia and was on daily steriods. Today is my day 2. I am doing okay but was really surprised at how much planning and prep time is involved.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the admin of this group (babeinthemoon)'s husband had a car accident recently and she's been dealing with that. She is full of excellent advice and will hopefully be back soon.

The only thing I can suggest right now is follow Chris' plan for prep, portion out things ahead of time, make meat in bulk, etc.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What plan are you using?
  • ErnieVandy
    ErnieVandy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Friend me also ladies.. I'm starting out on CTL also. I think next week is going to be my official week since I'm just feeling it out this week and collecting info. I have 15 lbs to lose and I need some support!
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I did this plan last year and had a good success with it. Unfortunately, I fell into a depression over the winter and ate my weight back. Trying to get back on track. Would love new friends to begin this journey with. Also if you have questions I might be able to help. Ihave only done the classic plan. Have not picked up his new book yet.
  • DarcyK519
    DarcyK519 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting the plan this week, anyone else just starting???
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started too! Did my first 9 minute mission this morning. OMG! Kicked my behind!!! But I feel great now, awake without coffee, YAY!!
  • densa56
    densa56 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck ladies. Maybe I'll join along for a while. I have been at the same weight for a year. The only way I lose weight is to religiously count calories...what a drag. I love to eat. I need to have a little more willpower to stay at the correct calorie level. Well, here goes...today is the day.
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I haven't started yet, but I am picking up the book after work today. I am excited to get started!