How is your journey going?!

Options
So it looks like this group has been going for about 9 months (well done 'emboch'!), and many new members have joined over time (including me!).

The question is.... to those of you STILL committed to this weight loss journey and still checking this forum.... How are you doing?

Anyone feel like they are on track and confident that they CAN do this before their wedding?

Anyone feel like it's not working out quite like they had hoped, and they need a bit more regular moral support or a bit of a kick in the bum to get started again?

Replies

• sem9787
    sem9787 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Incredibly slow progress for me. That was own fault, fell off the wagon for a bit. Trying to get into regular exercise and hopefully that will help with my cut down calories. Still pretty optimistic.
  • Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling optimistic :happy:
    It looks like we're getting married in the same month, and have both lost the same amount of weight so far!

I've been trying much harder for the last 4 -5 weeks now. Had a couple of bad weeks, but a few good ones, so am also starting to feel optimistic too !

I also had one person notice that I've changed a little - a friend quietly whispered to ask if I'd lost weight, bless her! :blushing: It's nice to know that it might be starting to show on the outside and not just on the scale :laugh:
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    the journey is going okay for me. i only have about 16 pounds to lose, but it's been a very slow process so far. there have definitely been some slip-ups, but i am feeling motivated and am proud of myself for sticking with this.

i'm getting married next june, but am trying to reach 120 by mid-september so i can go dress shopping. i would love to be at a healthier, happier weight when that time comes around.
  • Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi kts988,
    My brain gets fried looking at your ticker! So are you edging towards a total of 120 lbs lost now? Or is 120 your goal weight?

Either way, it's fabulous that you're feeling motivated, and are keeping your eye on mid-September. I've also got my eye on September for dress shopping, and having that date in mind has helped me stick to a healthy eating plan much longer than I have in the last couple of years (several failed attempts!).

Two months til that milestone comes around then, eh? - Good luck to us both !!!