Those weird exercises!

Options
slimforparis
slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
So I consider the knee lifts/squats/hell lifts 'the dressage portion' of my training as it is sooo embarrassing! Do you always do it?

Replies

• autumnrunning
    Options
    did the knee lifts and heel lifts and a very small amount of skipping when it wasn't crowded, but not the squats... replaced them with heel lifts, they were my favorite

skipping was awful although it felt good, it was too too weird
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I did them for the first couple weeks. But, I workout other than just the z5kt app, so get plenty of these type exercises separately. Now I either run or walk depending on the mission.
  • slimforparis
    slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. I do 'em if it is early enough in the morning and there's no-one around to see me but I certainly won't be skipping!!
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    I ignored them and walked/jogged instead. Well... I would have done them if I were not doing my training on the treadmill! Would be awkward to pause, do heel lifts / skip / squat, then continue running. LOL
  • phoenix3050
    Options
    When I first started the 5K I did do the knee lifts and heel lifts. Now I've added strength training to my routine so I don't need the added exercises. I just walk through those times.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! Even at the very crowded Rose Bowl. (well, on the dirt trail on the outside of the track. It would actually be a hindrance to the other people to change speed so rapidly.)

I figure it's my workout, not theirs. :o)