Kickboxing and Barre

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and would like to get tips or advice from anyone here who does kickboxing and/or Barre work outs? Is there any DVD that you would particularly recommend that is a good work out but also shows you the right technique (possibly even one where they have a technique tutorial as well as the actual work out).

Replies

• pragyasawai
    Options
    jillian fastfix kickboxing works....try it!!!:smile:
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I don't know about tutorials, but there is a video on youtube by JessicaSmithTV that is "kickboxing ballet". It's really fun. fitnessblender also has some barre workouts and kickboxing ones. So far, the best tutorial for kickboxing I've found is on Billy Blank's Tae Bo DVD. He definitely breaks down how to do the kicks and punches. The dvd I have is Tae Bo Cardio Explosion (amazon.com for less than $5).
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've done the fitnessblender Barre workout on youtube and I love it! It's starts off pretty ease, but my legs are burning by the end! I hope others will post more info about other Barre workouts...
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love barre workouts! I've used The Barre Method DVDs (you can get them on their website for about $20 - amazon charges almost double that). I have also heard that Booty Barre and Physique 57 are great - I'm going to try those next since they cancelled ALL the Barre classed at my gym :(