85lbs lost, and I've reached my half way mark :)

Options
Hello ladies!

Well, as of this morning I am officially half way between my starting weight of 149.2kg and my goal weight of 72kg. Exactly 110.6kg, and the scale is only going down from here. All the way down.

Here's what I've learned so far on my journey:
* You can't always control what the scale does, but you can control your reaction to it
* Tomorrow is always a new day, which is good because sometimes yesterday wasn't perfect
* Exercise matters (for me, at least)
* My mind will try and give in long before my body does
* I can weigh my cake and eat it too
* Photos will show the weight difference that I have trouble seeing in the mirror, and so will my clothes
* A decent pair of running shoes and a HRM was a very good idea!
* I have bones I didn't know I had, and muscles too for that matter!

You can do anything you put your mind to. I know so many friends that look at the amount of weight they have to lose and think "too much effort" or they attempt to lose and decide it's going to take too long and gradually drift back into old habits. It's not easy, and I've often been out of my comfort zone as I wanted to reach for chocolate or any food to deal with emotions (just another thing I realised that I used to do - it took me about 70 lbs to realise just how much!). But at nearly 150kg I was well beyond 'obese', I was a sitting duck for health problems, with Type 2 diabetes right at the top of that list. I'm lucky that I never developed it, I have friends who have it and yet - they don't tackle their weight. At 150kg, I probably wouldn't have seen my kids grow up.

I was determined not to have WLS, although it was suggested more than once by my doctor. I've lived with my mother in the aftermath of hers and it's just not at option for me. Never was, and never will be, a personal choice I made for myself (I know it can work!). So I've worked my butt off (literally!). I've made sustainable changes, I'm dealing with how and why I used to relate to food the way that I did. I'm absolutely shocked that it took me such a long time to really deal with my weight, and that I got to the weight I started at. I can say, with 1000% certainty that I will NEVER see that weight on the scales again. In fact, every weight I see when I weigh myself now is a weight I never want to see again. If I can lose nearly 40kg so far, then I certainly have it within my ability to keep losing and to keep the weight off once it's gone. Half gone, half to go. Easy as!

Replies