Goals

Options
couturekitty
couturekitty Posts: 26 Member
Basically, what is your goal? Getting fit? Dropping a few pounds? Both?

Mine is both and then some. I want to be a hot noona that doesn't look like she's in her 30s. Which means I have a long way to go, haha.

Replies

• yurika975
    yurika975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My goal is both. I know part of my gain has been mental. I lost before quickly. About 30 pounds in about 3 months. It seems much easier. It's the first time I ever had to lose weight. I had always been little. When I changed my eating and had kiddos I gained weight. It's harder now a few years later. Stress is a big factor. I am going to start channeling that stress and frustration into the workouts. It is a nice release.

I want to lose weight and to get fit. I want these bingo arms gone. I want a smaller waist and perkier butt! I like the cleavage though, LOL. Oh and my tummy has to go. I used to eat ramen several days a week. I would make it healthier by using low sodium chicken broth and adding a 1/3 to 1/2 bag of frozen veggies. I would also add turkey sausage. I drank water and had a crystal light when I wanted. I also ate a can of fruit each day. I would sometimes have a nice salad and just threw on whatever fruit and trail mix that was around. When I add up the veggies and fruit I was getting about 5-7 servings or more each day. That is the difference to why I got results more quickly and easier too.

I totally want to go for the hot noona look! I'm in my thirties but don't want to look that way. I've been told I look younger. My bf is about 8 yrs younger and he thought I was his age when we met (hehe). I know the weight is only helping me look like a stressed out mom. I know I have a long stretch to go. But I'm committed.
  • couturekitty
    Options
    That's awesome Yurika! I know we'll both be hot noonas by the summer time.
  • yurika975
    Options
    My fingers are crossed. I keep eying the insanity commercials. My kids keep writing down the number. LOL But hot by summer sounds great. That's still months away so I have time to make some changes.
  • yurika975
    Options
    Hope everyone is making progress on their goals. I am doing pretty well this week. I'm also feeling good. I had to take a break from working out. I strained my back I guess. It hurt to sleep and move. So glad that's over with.
  • couturekitty
    Options
    Every day is a struggle for me, food wise. I seriously need to clear out my house of all junk food and sweets. Also I love carbs. Workout wise, I think I'm doing great. I workout hard core 3 times a week but I've decided today that I'm going to start doing 5 times a week. Also I'm going to work harder on not eating crap and eating more healthy foods. Good luck everyone!
  • yurika975
    Options
    Hi couturekitty! I know what you mean about struggles. I think you may need to not try to go so cold turkey. Maybe switches instead. I love dessert and won't go without it. I know that spells disaster. For example figure out some things that you like. For sweets you can maybe switch to frozen yogurt and ice cream. Yoplait has frozen goodies that won't break your calories and taste pretty good. Blue Bunny is great too. They are individually portioned and small on the calories. Lays has baked potato chips. Try hummus with broccoli and carrot sticks. Oh and Weight Watchers and Skinny Cow have great ice cream treats. They average about the same as a yogurt so you can have a treat and still be in good shape.

I'm going to 5 days a week workouts too girl! I'm making use of my crockpot and going to hit the store for some salad mixes and veggies too. We can do it! Just got to keep going.
  • yurika975
    Options
    Haven't posted in here in a while. I hope all the Noonas are still hanging in there over the summer. It can be tough. I have lost some but am so scared to claim it. I haven't even entered in weight in so long. It has gone back up and down and up...Ugg...So I'll just keep hanging in there.

On the food front I'm doing pretty good. Drinking water and working out. I saw Eddie Murphy's ex on tv...I know I know..she's not an average person....and has good genes (modeling) but she has had 5 babies. I do know that she says she fits working out 4-5 times a week in. That is what I am taking away. I'm upping workouts to 4-5 times a week. I figure I do it until I love it (or like it) and it gets to be a habit. Then the weight has no choice but to come off and stay off.

I have done some insanity workouts/taebo. I have been having fun with my kids Wii and the dancing games. Going to scope out Amazon for some cheapo games to play.