8 Week Training group for Spartan Race

Options
JeanMarieJ
JeanMarieJ Posts: 53 Member
Hey everyone!
I am doing to Spartan race in October and the Spartan race has this free ebook with and 8 week training guide. Thought it would be cool to get a group of MFP's together to do it. I was thinking to start it on Friday, July 5th. Respond here or message me if you're interested. I was going to set up a challenge on the Fitness and Exercise message board too! I've already put a feeler out there. Anyways here is the link to the spartan ebook, check it out and let me know if anyone want's to do this as a group over MFP!
http://www.spartanrace.com/spartan-race-guide-to-obstacle-racing-ebook.php?ebooksource=103048

Replies

• ninas12345
    ninas12345 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think that's a fabulous idea. I signed up for my first mud race, Spartan Beast in December. Walk, run or crawl I'm going to finish!
    Boy what was I thinking. :)
    Mind over Matter

We can all do what we want if we set our minds to it. Supporting others along the way is even better
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have 8 weeks till Spartan Hurrican Heat,, and I got a decent training program set up,, but I could always been there for ya in support :) Basically it is half marathon training with a lot of strength training. Insanity, Asylum, running and the Tough Mudder workout (circuit training) all incorporated.
    Have fun, stay strong
    Sarah
  • JeanMarieJ
    Options
    I think that's a fabulous idea. I signed up for my first mud race, Spartan Beast in December. Walk, run or crawl I'm going to finish!
    Boy what was I thinking. :)
    Mind over Matter

We can all do what we want if we set our minds to it. Supporting others along the way is even better

Sweet! That's plenty of time to get this workout in! Lets do it!!
  • JeanMarieJ
    Options
    I have 8 weeks till Spartan Hurrican Heat,, and I got a decent training program set up,, but I could always been there for ya in support :) Basically it is half marathon training with a lot of strength training. Insanity, Asylum, running and the Tough Mudder workout (circuit training) all incorporated.
    Have fun, stay strong
    Sarah

I'd love support and advice!! Good luck on your upcoming race!!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My race is August 4th!!!!
  • IlO25
    IlO25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first Spartan is in August! I'm excited! I have downloaded the ebook. How are you guys doing with training?
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am up to a solid 7 mile run, can do unassisted pull up (not many :) I need more practice on the climbing rope and run at least 9miles. Ahhh gotta love training
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Beast on Sunday, the (2) Sprints were fun! The Super I did 2 weeks ago was brutal though, waist high mud and the 2 swimming portions killed my endurance and caused my muscles to seize. Cardio is definitely key because the Super took me 03:18:17!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Beast on Sunday, the (2) Sprints were fun! The Super I did 2 weeks ago was brutal though, waist high mud and the 2 swimming portions killed my endurance and caused my muscles to seize. Cardio is definitely key because the Super took me 03:18:17!!!

How did your Beast go? I'm doing on Saturday coming up...