Hi. I'm new, and hate exercising.

Options
:happy: :happy: :happy: Hi, I'm new. :smile:

I hate exercising. :smile: Big time. I used to feel guilty about it, but I think it's better to own it.

I also hate cooking and baking. :smile: Again, I used to feel VERY guilty about it, but I think now that I'm in my 40's, I feel good about just owning it.

Anyway, I realized here at MFP, you can "count" it when you ride the riding mower/tractor! LOL! So I do!!! I totally log that. And, I also realized that you can "count" it when you're just doing "light" housework. :happy: I TOTALLY log that, too.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to "count" it when I'm in the pool, but just walking around in the pool, using the pool vacuum to clean it, scooping pollen and bugs out of the pool, walking around. I KNOW it burns more than just sitting sedentary, but it's not listed in the database. :laugh: If I were the database, I would totally list it!!! :devil:

Replies

• kindredspirit96
    kindredspirit96 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WHOA. I didn't mean to put all those smileys in the first sentence. I meant to put one in the subject line. :noway: Oh well.
  • kindredspirit96
    kindredspirit96 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here?
  • StayinCrunchy
    StayinCrunchy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hate exercising too. Really, really hate it. Unfortunately for me I love to cook. Those two things don't really go very well together. :-)
  • fenebabe
    fenebabe Posts: 7
    Options
    I hate exercising too. Sometimes I go for a walk.
  • jdaltonwarner
    Options
    I'm really glad I found this group because both diet and exercise suck. I seriously don't get people who enjoy exercising.

But...I'm turning FORTY this year and a) need to lose weight and b) need to support my husband who needs to lose a TON of weight.

But eating 1,200 calories a day (seriously, MFP?) and having to do exercise and be around irritating EXERCISING people? Lame.
  • PeaceBrat
    PeaceBrat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hate exercising, too! I'm getting on my brand new recumbent bike regularly but I hate every minute of it. I literally sit there watching the clock, waiting for my magic number (17 minutes) to come up and I practically jump off the thing! Haha.