weekend fun

Options
MissingMinnesota
MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
So who has some weekend fun going on this weekend?

I am leaving from work to go up into the blue ridge mountains to go camping and tubbing for a friends birthday. Will be about 30 of us so I hope not too much drama. Hopefully mother nature plays nice and lets the river calm down.

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be meeting someone from out of town at the safari park on Saturday! Some guy, he seems pretty neat :)

picking up my sister from the airport Sunday after which we will spend most of the rest of the day costuming.

Today is my last day of work. I'm stressing out about it.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    My mom is visitng tonight. She lives in Houston and is coming to the area for her high school reunion which takes place tomorrow about 90 miles south of here. Tomorrow night I am going to a movie and working out. Other than that, my goal is to not spend any more money. I bought a new bed and booked a hotel in St Louis for a Cardinals game next month. This has been an expensive week. Yikes.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Meeting an old friend tonight for dinner and drinks. I actually went to prom with his older brother way back when so I've known him since he was probably 12 or so. Later when I was in my early 20s and he was a teenager, we worked together. I haven't seen him in at least 15 years. He and his whole immediate family moved away years ago but he still comes back to town about once a year to see relatives. He recently caught up on Facebook and decided to hangout when he came to town this time. This should be fun.

Tomorrow I have kickboxing in the morning. Then I have to take my daughter to the VBS kickoff celebration. Later in the evening we have my daughter's end of the season party for her softball team.

Sunday we have church in the morning and then a birthday party in the afternoon for my friend's one year old. Later in the evening will probably be mowing and relaxing. Hoping to have a moment to just chill anyway.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The meeting with the old friend seems interesting. Anything romatic there or just friends?
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The meeting with the old friend seems interesting. Anything romatic there or just friends?

Just friends.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Friday: driving mostly. I have about 6 hrs before I reach my destination of San Diego, CA.
    Saturday: meeting a girl at a park.
    Sunday: up in the air. feels weird NOT having to work like I normally do.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Going to Chicago for the weekend for baseball and beer. Cards vs. Cubs should be some fun.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Going to Chicago for the weekend for baseball and beer. Cards vs. Cubs should be some fun.

Go Cubbies!!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be meeting someone from out of town at the safari park on Saturday! Some guy, he seems pretty neat :)

picking up my sister from the airport Sunday after which we will spend most of the rest of the day costuming.

Today is my last day of work. I'm stressing out about it.

You will have to share the deets on the boy!! Have fun!!
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options

Go Cardinals!!

FYP
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Im going to ft laud to spend the weekend with MR M.... Tonight were going to a magic prerelease party tommorow night were gonna go see pacific rim at IMAX yay
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'm going out for sushi tonight with a friend and then tomorrow going out to dinner with my old roommates!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Long bike ride tomorrow and dinner at a local microbrewery. Other than that cleaning up my new place to make it my own :happy:
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My mom is visitng tonight. She lives in Houston and is coming to the area for her high school reunion which takes place tomorrow about 90 miles south of here. Tomorrow night I am going to a movie and working out. Other than that, my goal is to not spend any more money. I bought a new bed and booked a hotel in St Louis for a Cardinals game next month. This has been an expensive week. Yikes.

Which game are you going to next month?

Also, for the Cards/Cubs bit... today is Yadi's birthday. I'm feelin' some good vibes for the RedBirds!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am out of town in Kelowna, BC boating and doing wine tours with my boyfriend.
    Meeting his dad today, eek :)

Having alot of fun!! It's going well.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Friday: driving mostly. I have about 6 hrs before I reach my destination of San Diego, CA.
    Saturday: meeting a girl at a park.
    Sunday: up in the air. feels weird NOT having to work like I normally do.

Okay... you and Kits are entirely too cute together. That's a great pic!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Hahaha..... too cute Cesar and Kits!! :)

Friday - Spent the day with my daughter, and then picked up my son from the train station (he had been gone on a church trip). We had movie/pizza night that night.

Saturday - We drove down to the do the summer "kid swap". They're gone for 5 weeks now. The hardest part of divorce is pretending to be happy when handing your kids off to someone you don't care for. :/

Sunday - My @ss didn't leave the couch all day. 14 hours on the road the day before took it's toll on me and all I wanted was beer and ice cream. Soooo...yeah. ;)
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options

Which game are you going to next month?

Also, for the Cards/Cubs bit... today is Yadi's birthday. I'm feelin' some good vibes for the RedBirds!

I'm going to a Thursday game against the Dodgers. GF and I are staying over night to go to the Zoo and a few other places on Friday. My dad still lives in the Metro East so we'll probably stop by there on the way back too.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a Thursday game against the Dodgers. GF and I are staying over night to go to the Zoo and a few other places on Friday. My dad still lives in the Metro East so we'll probably stop by there on the way back too.

Whoah....whoah....

GF??? You haven't spoken about this before... details. Especially if she's meeting your dad... Yeah, I'm gonna be nosy like that today. So, pony up! :)
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options

Whoah....whoah....

GF??? You haven't spoken about this before... details. Especially if she's meeting your dad... Yeah, I'm gonna be nosy like that today. So, pony up! :)

I've mentioned her before. You weren't paying attention.