Introductions

Options
My name is Erin. I have two children, 7 and 15 (both girls). My 7-year-old was born with special needs, and is absolutely the reason I have made the commitment to help others. We all struggle in life and need support wherever we can get it. Eating healthy and working out are definitely struggles, but the rewards in the end are far greater.

I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, because it gives me the opportunity to help people reach their goals and stick with them. I'm here to help all of you as well. If you ever need anything and don't want to post here, please send me a message. I will be glad to talk with you.

Replies

• ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi ,my name is Denise and I have 3 boys ages 20,19 and 14.All my boys have challenges .My youngest is ADHD and requires me to be on the go, ,
    I have many medical issues myself and have been unable to work for 4 years now. Unable to do much exercise due to a nerve problem in my face. Walking is the only one right now.

I know my family is suffering from my being unable to be involved and I want to give it my all for them and for me. I have gone way to many years robbing myself of the energetic life I could have. I am motivated and in for the long haul, but without support it will be difficult to get through the rough patches.

Looking forward to being apart of the group and thanks Erin for starting it !!
  • bouncingrl
    bouncingrl Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome Denise! You are off to great start, and we will definitely help you with anything you need.
  • mormi
    mormi Posts: 1
    Options
    Mi name is Michele. I just bought my fitbit flex today and am excited to get started. I have 3 kids 12-17. I am very interested in nutrition and making healthy food choices. I look forward to this group.
  • EATINGTOLIVE77
    EATINGTOLIVE77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Judy, I am 55 years old. I am married, we have one 17 year old son. We are business owners and work up to 18 hours a day, so getting the correct amount of sleep and keeping to a great eating plan is difficult most times. I have now started this journey again 10 days ago.

I made an investment in a commercial blender and for the last two weeks I have not missed breakfast.. Which was always a problem for me before. I make sure to eat within 20 minutes of getting up, and then I go for a morning walk, so that if my day takes off with our business, I still have some exercise completed.

There's much more, however, going back to work. Looking forward working with this group with healthy eating and living.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My name is Shannon, I'm a nurse and have a 4 year old boy. I lost most of the weight that I wanted to last year but I've been struggling to maintain. I work out almost every day and I like to eat. I'm running my first 5K race next weekend and I'm pretty nervous about it so I've been running and doing a lot of cardio. After the race I'll go back to doing more strength training.
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking for more support in trying to eat less and better foods. I really could use more support and hope to be inspiring to others. I am 55 with two sons and two grandsons. I want to be there for my family as long as possible and I know the choices I make today will affect me in my later years. I am also trying to avoid diabetes which both of my parents suffered from so here I am. I don't have a tremendous amount of weight to lose but I want to get my eating under control now before I really gain too much more. I am open to all friend requests.
  • Photorock
    Photorock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also looking for support. I joined fitnesspall, three or four weeks ago and have already lost 10 pounds! I really need support to stay with the program. I have a lot more to lose. 10 pounds is just a spit in the bucket! I am going to be 60 August 12! I'm 5 foot 2 and I weigh 230 pounds. I would like to weigh 150 pounds by next August. I have a wonderful husband of 40 years, soon-to-be 41 and four beautiful children. I also have three gorgeous grandchildren! I exercise 45 to 60 minutes a day and try to stay under 1200 cal a day. I'm trying to avoid diabetes medication. I think my doctor will be pleased with my progress. I know I am! I would love to be part of this group! I am open to all friend requests.
  • Photorock
    Photorock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy, my name is Roxanne. I joined my fitness pal, three or four weeks ago for the first time. My husband and I. also have our own business. I also work out for to six times a week and go for a walk every morning with my husband. I've lost 10 pounds so far, but have many more to go. I have four children, ages 22, 30, 35, and 36. I will be 60 August 12. My husband's business is garage doors, sales and service. I am a portrait photographer, and am writing a book, and make cards for hobby. I hope we can be friends and support each other.
  • motherwesser
    motherwesser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It is fun to read about everyone here. My name is Wes. I am a husband of 21 years with my wife and we have two sons 14 and 16. hard to believe one is now driving. I am 44 years old and I started my health turn-a-round when I turned 41. The picture of my 41st birthday eating cake in my profile was the start. I decided I wanted to be healthy and enjoy life so I made the switch and am enjoying my new journey and lifestyle of healthy diet and fitness. I have lost a total of 65 pounds and have gained 31 more muscle pounds through weightlifting. My ultimate goal for July 19th 2014 is to get to a lean mean 185...for a 6' 4" guy that is a worthy challenge. I enjoy the Beach Body workouts like Insanity and P90X but I also love swimming. Swimming on an aerobic level is perhaps scary and daunting to start but if you do it, it will drastically help your weight loss and toning. The lower water temperature causes your body to burn more calories to maintain 98.6 and there is no weight impact. I learned to swim from not knowing how in just under a few months...now I am doing triathlons. Go to http://www.totalimmersion.net/. LOL! you can tell I like swimming. Anyways, I look forward to sharing with all of you for all of us to reach and maintain our healthy life fitness goals!
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My name is Nikki. I'm 33. I have a 10 year old son, and two daughters ages 7 and 3. I was chubby growing up and overweight as a teen. I was soooo insecure about it. I got stretch marks everywhere, which sucks when you're in high school! I stopped eating red meat when I was 16 and dropped about 20 pounds without thinking about it. That left me around 155. After my first child, I dropped down to around 141, maybe even a little less...like 135. Again, without thinking about it. After my second child, I did have to diet to lose weight but I got down to 125. That sounds pretty slim, but I was still 'skinny fat'. Since then my weight has fluctuated between 125 and 145. I NEVER worked out until last Fall. I just knew that no matter how much weight I lost, I would not be happy with my body unless I toned up. I was all on my own until I joined MFP and it's been a huge support. I've put on quite a bit of lean muscle, which is awesome. Still struggling to shred some of the fat. I jiggle everywhere. I do lots of Jillian Michaels and recently completed C25K, whiched amazed me. I try to eat pretty clean and avoid processed foods whenever possible. That being said, I LOVE food, love cooking, baking, eating...you name it!
  • bouncingrl
    Options
    I'm a Beachbody fenatic! I have done P90X, Slim in 6, TurboJam, and I'm currently doing Les Mills Combat. My next one is Focus T25.
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Corrie and I am a 35 year old teacher, wife, and mother of two (boy 6 and girl 8). I have been *trying* to live a healthy lifestyle for the past couple years. But, we just recently moved to Michigan from South Carolina, and we are not keeping up with the eating part of our healthy lifestyle. {We are originally from MI, so super happy to be back home, and just taking advantage of the convenience of everything} In SC, we were in a rural and very small town, so we would have to drive 45 minutes for anything. Now that we are back "home," we are taking advantage of the convenience, but my body is paying for it. I have NOT weighed myself since being home, and I do not want to! Hopefully with some support, I can get back on track, along with my family. I am very excited because of the produce choices and the healthy food choices are much more easily attainable here, so it should be fine once we get it in our minds that we need vegis and not pizza :wink: I was a vegetarian for about 12 years, and about 2 years ago started eating chicken again. Then I read, "Eating Animals" and *tried* a vegan lifestyle, but that only lasted a few month since it was just a few months before moving. So now, I am kinda vegetarian, kinda vegan, but mostly eating junk food! My goal for today is to come up with an eating plan and do some grocery shopping. As far as exercising, I have participated in triathlons, 1/2 marathons (which is the longest distance I have ran), 5ks, I have done P90X a couple times, Insanity a couple times, I have done squat and push up challenges, and have done light weight lifting. I am looking for something new to challenge myself. But, I do not want to spend any money, so I am not going to purchase another beachbody system or anything like that. Also, with my new teaching job, I get a free family membership to the YMCA! I am very excited about that! So, anyone have suggestions of a good challenge or program? I have running shoes, a bike, some weights (5, 8, 10, and 12 pounds). Within those limits, any suggestions???? Thanks!
  • jmerry3
    jmerry3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jo-Anne and I am the mother of 3 boys (17, 14,12). I have noticed my weight increasing in the last few years and I have felt uncomfortable in my own skin. A visit to my doctor revealed high blood pressure and he advised me to lose 10 pounds to avoid medication. I think this was the push I needed to begin to make changes. I would like to lose 15-20 lbs to look and feel better. I recently started exercising at the Y and I have been paying close attention to what and when I eat. Although I have not noticed a change in the scales I have lost in my measurements. I look forward to supporting everyone in their journey.
  • bouncingrl
    Options
    I'm glad to get you know all of you as we take this journey together.
  • CatzEyez77
    Options
    Hi, My name is Dawn. I'm 36 years old with one daughter who will be 17 in just a few weeks. I've always struggled with my weight. As a child I was always more plump than I'd like to have been, but then got involved in Color Guard with the Marching Band in High School. Got down to 110 pounds and thought I was still fat.

After I graduated from High School, weighing around 130-135 pounds, I was supposed to go into the Army. Went for my physical and they told me to lose 5 pounds and come back to sign. Well, I did lose the 5 lbs but then got pregnant at 18 years old. Weighed 170 lbs after having my daughter, but then emotionally ate my way up to 250 lbs very quickly.

Since then I've been down to 150 lbs and back up to 210 lbs, and right now I'm around 162 lbs. I would LOVE to get down to 120-130 lbs, but right now I just don't seem to have the oomph it takes to get my lazy butt to the gym to work out. And I work from home, so that doesn't help, as I'm always sitting and eating.