Just joined. Hello! :)

Options
KurtK1970
KurtK1970 Posts: 50 Member
Hi All!!

Finally got around to joining this group. :)
I downloaded the "Zombies, Run!" 5K app a few months ago, and stupidly (VERY stupidly...) started using it while wearing very cheap hiking boots. I ended up screwing up my left foot very, very badly, and could barely walk for almost two months. :(
Everything is back to 100% now, but for the time being, I am using the regular "Zombies, Run!" app with the chases off. My plan is to use the rest of the summer (and the whole 1st season of the game) to just do very frequent walks to ease myself into a possible future running program.
And yes, I went out and bought real running shoes. I learned my lesson. :)
I'm only up to the 5th mission ("Paul Revere", I believe), but I'm hopelessly addicted to the app. I love everything about it, and I can't praise the app's creators, writers, and voice actors enough.
Anyway. Nice to meet all of you other Runner 5s. :)

Replies

• dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello, new Runner #5. Welcome to Abel!

And look on the bright side... you are now one a member of the small elite group of people who will never, EVER skimp on running shoes again. :tongue:
  • KurtK1970
    Options
    Thank you, Dragon1ady! :)
    And yeah, my foot injury was a horrible lesson. And it made me feel older than dirt, which didn't help. :(
    My new goal (and newest addition to my admittedly-short Bucket List) is to run a 5K within the next few years. If *anything* can help me do that, being Runner 5 can. :)
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Runner 5! And Stay Safe out there ;)
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kirt!!!!

We can always use good runners here at Able Township! :) I would bet running a 5K is closer than you think. :) I started out at over 17 min/mile back in January (lots of walking), and I can now run a 5K in at least a 10:30 pace. my fastest time for 3.25 miles was 10:05 min/mile.

Good luck, and stay safe out there Runner 5!
  • sarannakitten
    Options
    Welcome to Abel Runner 5. Stay safe, and don't get too friendly with the Zoms! :))
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I started out with old tinnis shoes and quickly got bleeding blisters in the backs of my feet as well as sore toes . My husband was always complaining about how many shoes I have . So I showed him my feet and said" I need some "real" shoes for exercising and I cannot skimp on price" Thankfully he agreed and I threw out all the cheap shoes taht hurt my feet .

I am only on mission 4 ,I don't always use the app ... but I am walking better now so I think ill get back in there.
  • KurtK1970
    Options
    You will get back in there, Amy. :)
    I honestly didn't know if I would be able to even walk normal again...much less run...when I had my foot injury. It did take a few months for it to get better, but now I've been out walking (with some light running) 2-3 miles almost every day, and everything is wonderful. Good running shoes are a MUST, and they've made a huge difference.
    Just stick with it. You'll be ok. :)