first crossfit workout?

Options
cmay89
cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_uDhI-5FqE

Two words: Heck yes!!

My first was Cindy. jumping pull ups, push ups from the knees, squats were the only thing I didn't scale. Sore for days

How about y'all???

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My orientation WOD was a 1/2 Chelsea...

EMOM for 30 Minutes of:
    5 Pull Ups
    10 Push Ups
    15 Air Squats

We did 15 minutes and 10 Burpees at the end.

Brutal for a rookie
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    150 pushups for time. Everything you rested get up you had to do 6 jump squats.

I scaled to 100 and did them on my knees, but it was still brutal.

Yet I came back the very next day...
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Mine was a 12 days of Christmas WOD. 12 different moves numbered 12-1, and you did them like the song: 12, 12, 11, 12, 11, 10, 12, 11, 10, 9, etc....was brutal! It took me all of an hour to get through. Yet i too came back for more!
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    500m row, 40 air squats, 30 sit ups, 20 press ups, 10 pull ups for time (scaled to press ups on knees and ring rows).

Had to sit down for a while after that, legs hurt for about a week, went back for more punishment as soon as it stopped hurting!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My first lady was Grace. 30 clean and jerks for time. I had never really done the movement so I went low at 75 lbs and finished in 3 minutes. Was really sucking wind but I think I could have done it at 95. My goal for our retest in a few months is at least 95 and the same or better time.

I have not met Cindy yet but the one workout so far that totally destroyed me was this:

500m rowing sprint (as fast as you can do it and you'd better be near puking when you finish)
    4 minute rest
    50 burpees (I could only do 35) as fast as possible
    4 minute rest
    50 kettlebell swings (crushed this)
    4 minute rest
    50 pushups (from knees, but I did it)

I think I burned every ounce of glycogen I had in my muscles with that workout. As I was heading to my car I kept telling myself to walk fast because I was just shuffling along and my brain was saying "screw you, after that work out this is as fast as I go."

That workout is what hooked me. I might bust it out again when I'm on vacation to test myself.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I believe my first one was four rounds of 25 kb swings and 25 pushups for time. At least, I think that's what it was. I was completely delirious during and after WODs for about a month or so. : )
  • toporifico
    toporifico Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't remember exactly what it was, but it involved GHD situps (which I'd never done) and all I remember is that my hip flexors were broken and I couldn't stand up straight for over a week!!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My first was:

21-15-9
    Air squats
    Push ups
    Sit ups

I was pretty sure I was dying and hurt bad the next day. I also didn't eat enough before and made myself very ill when my blood sugar crashed. And I STILL went back for the next class.
  • ssnowdon76
    ssnowdon76 Posts: 19
    Options
    My first regular workout was the Filthy Fifty

:noway: