Friday 7/12 Weigh-In

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
It's Friday! Several of you were down a pound last week, while others (including me) didn't reach that goal. Hope to see some happier results today! How did everybody do?

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I had kind of a monster week - I lost 3.5 pounds. Last week was a recovery week for my fitness plan, so this week my body obviously responded well to going full tilt again.
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well I forgot to weigh myself this morning so I will weigh myself tomorrow. :(
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well for the reason that i ate too much and didnt attack any kind of exercise regiment in the first part of the week, i maintained maybe lost a half a pound, but i just have a bathroom scale so I am still showing at 204. This trend will change, i will be more agressive for next weigh in, I PROMISE!! No weddings this weekend no meetings for the first half of next week.
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Last Friday, I was 188.8 - this Friday, 187.3. Down 1.5lbs!! I'm still not exercising (other than a few pushups, burpees, planks, squats, etc., from time to time at the house)..so maybe next week I'll drag my butt to the gym a few days and see what happens. Hope to see less of y'all (in volume) this time next week!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Down 3.4 lbs. this week! So excited.

Last week: 170.4
    This week 167
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Down 3.4 lbs. this week! So excited.

Last week: 170.4
    This week 167

Awesome!!!
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    OK - so I weighed 184 this morning. (Popped up 1.6 pounds since last Friday's weigh in - so a Net weight loss of 76 pounds & still trying to chip away at the last 24 pounds!). Have stayed on track with regard to food (eating low carb).

The variables that changed this past week which may have caused weight gain are:
    1) Haven't been getting enough sleep
    2) haven't had time to get to the gym
    3) VERY tired & trying to squeeze in a bunch of work-related To Do's before going on vacation next Wednesday.
    4) Was very upset on Sunday & Monday breaking up with my boyfriend of 5 months (whom I love but who is basically very rude to many other people - so it's not a long-term fit).

All of these variables apparently caused weight gain. But am glad to have stayed on track with eating/ dieting, it's still a bummer to have gained 1.6 pounds in a week!
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1.5 lbs down this week. I started this journey 13 weeks ago and am 13 lbs lighter today. It has not always been a linear loss. Lost 2.5 on this challenge so far.
  • reggie83
    reggie83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 209.5. About 2 more lbs than last friday. I expected as much since July 4th weekend I went crazy with all kinds of food I normally don't eat. Also I used a different scale than normal and I know it's at least 1 lb off. The only thing I really need to focus on is tracking the food. I've been getting very lazy........
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1.5 lbs this week. I'm not eating much because I had a throat infection since last Sunday but I did exercise as per my fitness routine.
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    Only lost .2 pounds, but it was TOM for me. :mad:
    Expecting to see huge difference next Friday to compensate for bloat of this week.
    Got a new IPAD through my work and can't get to message board to see the thread, so I haven't been posting as much.
    Will try to be better...
    BBB
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am at 245....I think I gained :( But I have been working out more and doing the 30 day shred, so maybe I'm gaining muscle? I don't know!
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm at 160.2, which means I've gained a couple of pounds - and I've gained 4 pounds in the last two weeks!!! I don't know what's going on. I know the July 4 weekend was crappy, but I"ve done pretty good this week. I've decreased my allotted calories, but I eat back some of my excercise calories - not all though. I don't know if it's because I've started incorporating strength training once a week and a weekly bike ride, so it's added muscle?? Anyway, I checked my measurements this morning and there is nothing gained OR lost there, so I guess as long as nothing is gained I shouldn't worry too much about the weight gain. I don't know - it's just baffling me.

Anyway, I just completed week 2 of my half marathon training with a 3 mile run. Next week's schedule is the same as this week, but then the following week I'll start increasing my mileage. I'm looking forward to that sort of - also a little nervous!
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    167.0 on Sat. I was out of town sitting on my bum and eating wayyyyyy too much. Yet, I lost weight. I didn't believe it, so I went on the scaled twice. It's real. Lost 1.2 pounds this week.

I honestly have no explanation.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    When I did my assessment last week I discovered that in 5 months of doing strength training 3 times a week (plus some occasional homework a 4th day) I gained 4.5 pounds of muscle. That's it. In an equivalent time I lost 12.5% of body fat. While it's true that muscle is more dense than fat and therefore an equal size of it would weigh more...it takes a long freaking time to get there.

I have learned on these boards that when a person first starts to strength train or bump up the intensity of their workouts their muscles will swell up a little, so that's more likely cause for a couple of you being up after increasing your exercise. It's temporary and will go away - think of it as being equivalent to retaining water - so don't give up!