FAT, fabulous and pregnant.....anyone?

Options
Any Moms to be out there that are starting this pregnancy with a lot of weight left to lose?

I could do with being around 50lbs lighter to be getting pregnant and about 100lbs lighter in general.

I'd love to share this journey with others who will really be trying to control their weight and eating better, moving more and making a fitness plan for after the birth.

I'm on baby 3 and I weigh as much as if I was pregnant with all 3 at once!

Thanks,
Laura

Replies

• candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Yes! Me. Ironically I had just started back at MFP a week ago with a goal to lose 90 pounds (I'd be happy with 80, though). I weighed in a 216 which is close to my 9 months pregnant weight with both of my boys (I weighed 223 with both of them when I went in each time to deliver them).

I found out yesterday morning that I'm pregnant with #3 and so I will have way over 100 pounds to lose once this baby is born sometime in the spring.

How far along are you? I have no clue myself as my last cycle was in September 2010 when I got pregnant with #2.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Second pregnancy, first ended in miscarriage. About 15weeks and I'm back up to 300lbs its a combination of just being ravenous and not moving like I was due to fatigue. I think I'm feeling a bit more energy though as I get into the second trimester. I need to start walking again and watching the carbohydrate intake especially with insulin resistance.
  • berrymelt
    berrymelt Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you on your pregnancies. I am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant. I'm mostly just tired and hungry. I weigh about 260lbs which is close o my full term weight with my last daughter. I have been able to eat well for most of the last week and a half and may actually have lost some weight .
    I'm excited to take these steps with you ladies because being overweight and pregnant can be quite lonely. No cute maternity clothes and judgmental doctors. It will be nice to come back here and feel like we have common ground!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi pregnant mommas. I'm really happy to have found other ladies here expecting. Surprisingly I have been able to do really well w my eating & doing some prenatal exercises. I've also decided to think about my weight loss is 10lb increments. So my first will be to get to 199 & then work down to a happy weight. Somewhere between 130-150. I'm 209 now & only 4'11". This is my second & final baby. After my first I was down to 150. I'm pretty sure the stress & BS of my life reverted me back to eating for comfort. Well I'm over it, even being pregnant.
  • misskristy30
    Options
    I'm coming to the end of my pregnancy (38 weeks 5 days) and I started out with weight to lose. I had lost weight pp using mfp and also maintained through the first trimester and was pretty careful through the second trimester. I have gained more in my third trimester so now I've gained about 30 lbs...more than I'd wanted to gain. I'm anxious to lose weight after baby's born and just return to a more healthy lifestyle in general.