Saturday 7/13 Commitment

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
Saturday. Start of the new week for challenge purposes. The day to start the week off right. How will you make today awesome? What extra challenge would boost you? We have had push-ups and squats this week. Today everyone pick your own & announce it here. What extra thing can you do to be healthy? Can be exercise, can be drinking more water, can be skipping sugar... Make one healthy challenge that will inspire you today.

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It was raining this morning, but as soon as it let up I went out and got my run in. It's supposed to start raining again later. I went to run the course of the 5K I'm doing in August just to see how long it took me, and I was very happy with my time (despite having to walk for a couple minutes just after the 2 mile mark). The goal I set for myself is closer than I thought it was.

My extra challenge for myself today is to drink at least 100 ounces of water. That's one of my weekend struggles.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Won't be working out today and this does cause me some distress! However, much of our day will be spent in the pool. I'll make an effort to move around in the water and not just be a floating lump! Oh, and I do believe I have a bazillion squats to do.

Have a good day!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Saturday July 13th Commitment:
    -Drink 10 glasses of water
    -Walk 12,000 steps
    -65 Squats (I'm doing the squat challange...although I'm not doing 65 together, sometimes I take a little break inbetween)
    -30 Day Shred Video
    -1 mile walk at the park (COMPLETED THIS MORNING!)
    -NOT ruin my eaing at the mall today while bathing suit shopping (eekk, I hate this part!)

I gained this week :( So I'm back on track and I have a girl at work that is helping me and doing the squats challange with me! We are also doing 30 walking lunges during lunch! oy oh boy do my thighs and butt kill! :)

Have a great Saturday everyone! :)
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just ran 3 miles - I waited till later in the morning and it was starting to get HOT, so it was a little tougher than normal!! Today I'm making a couple of healthy salads to eat through next week. My extra challenge today will be to eat under my calorie goal BEFORE excercise calories are added in. I might also see if my daughter wants to go on a bike ride this evening. She's been away for a couple of days so that would give us some good quality time together, plus a little extra excercise!

Have a great weekend!
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    Jogged 31/2 miles and hoola hooped for 30 minutes...
    Maybe swimming at the lake this afternoon?
    Happy Day everyone!
    BBB
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I walked 3 miles thia morning, 3 to go before the end of the day. I just finished 10 push ups and 50 squats. This is my third day of doing both and it has gotten a lot easier.

As part of the challenge I will do crunches - 20 straight up, and 20 on each side.
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am DD for my ladies after a wine tour bachelorette party so while i am waiting for it to end, i came toTaughannock falls state park. Walked the falls trail for an hour then as a challenge hiked the rim trails for another hour. Didnt even know that there was a challenge put out here today,so thanks that was great timing!!!::drinker: now i am going to treat meself to a beer