Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2014

Options

Replies

• 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    SEE YOU ALL IN JANUARY

Should we plan on doing at doing a meet up at the Expo for those who are interested in putting faces to names?
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That would be fun! I plan on going to the Expo on Thursday when we arrive. When does everyone else plan on going?
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I t is my first too.
    Can not wait
    I signed in for Pasta in the Park - because it sounds nice esp. seeing world of color from reserved seats haven't seen it before. But i heard from many people that in Orlando it isn't worth the costs (not sure about Disneyland) but i definitly wants to do it once to see it myself.

Hotel:
    We stay at the Hilton it is a lot cheaper and the Partner Hotels offers a shuttle Transport too so i think it will be ok ;)

SEE YOU ALL IN JANUARY

We stayed at the Embassy last year (right next to the Hilton) and the shuttle was fine and easy to use - it's not like Florida the other hotels are much closer by. I'm saving our splurge hotel for the Princess in February and staying at the Embassy for Tink :) (This will be my 2nd Tink)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    That would be fun! I plan on going to the Expo on Thursday when we arrive. When does everyone else plan on going?

We aren't planning with little kids and I found it worked well for us to arrive last year on Saturday and leave on Tuesday. The reason is the park wasn't as busy on Monday and I didn't exhaust myself at the park before the 1/2 by staying out late over the weekend :) Just my opinion
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i love World of Color show! Can't believe how fast it sold out, less than 48 hours. Now to figure out where to stay, I usually stay opn property since I have to fly in from out of town and don't want to deal with the hassle of a rental car and LA traffic.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm registered and it's my first half marathon as well! :)
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    We're arriving Friday evening. Staying at the Pier so anything in the park or at the expo on Saturday would be good for us. Going without the kids this time ;-)
  • caminiam
    caminiam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also a first time 1/2 Marathoner. I am so excited to earn my fairy wings.
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We did this last year and had so much fun. Looking forward to next year's :)
  • flutterfly1974
    flutterfly1974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Should we plan on doing at doing a meet up at the Expo for those who are interested in putting faces to names?
    [/quote]

I saw all the pics from the Dumbo Double Dare Meet Ups & they looked so fun. I think a meet up would be great.
    This will be my 1st running anything. The 1/2 sold out, so I'm at least doing the 10k. Figured that's a good place to start.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    89 days to go!!! How is everyone's training going? I have a pace calculation 10k this Sunday! And by that I'm hoping to get a good idea of my pace under race conditions. Also hoping to get a good enough time to move ahead in the corrals.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I signed up also when they allowed us during the Princess Half sign up.

I want a costume too.

Last year... OMG! The cutest costumes, guys as well and even some grannies that were running the half. A lot of Tinkerbell Fairy Wings flapping around.

I'm still still looking for an ensemble...
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    89 days to go!!! How is everyone's training going? I have a pace calculation 10k this Sunday! And by that I'm hoping to get a good idea of my pace under race conditions. Also hoping to get a good enough time to move ahead in the corrals.

Best of luck to everyone!

Training is going good! I actually have a long run planned for tomorrow.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    10k pace indicates that I'll run a sub 3 hour half but not by much. But that's ok since it's Disney and it's all about the experience not the pace. Now I can start my half training in earnest! 6 mile long run this Sunday and building... The big jump is in my week day mileage. That has to climb before my long run does. I've made wonderful progress since I started running again in July and I can't wait to see how far I can go.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    It's getting closer...:bigsmile:
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Less than a month away, how is everyone doing? With the onset of winter and frigid temps my workouts have had to move indoors. Not my favorite way but better than nothing. Did a 10 mile power walk dvd this morning. If you haven't gotten the email you can print off your waivers now, just go to the run disney site and under Tink they have a tab for waivers. On your waiver you have your bib number then you can click the tab for corral placement and find out where you are going to be.Keep up the hard work, this is going to be fun!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    Thanks Sherrie!

Training is going very :bigsmile: well. I need to print my waiver and find out which corral I'm in. I can't wait!
  • Imeojeda
    Imeojeda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am running the Tinkerbell Half this Sunday!! will be at the expo on Saturday . very excited!! good luck to everyone :)
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So how'd it go for everyone? I was a little slower than I wanted but I'm still proud of myself for finishing! :D
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    It was awesome! I had my best run ever! Completed it in 2:12:26, which was better than last year's time.

Congrats to you on finishing!!!