Newbie needs direction!

Options
nyami
nyami Posts: 2 Member
I'll try to keep this short and sweet, I don't want to take up too much of your time. I'm in the military and am still in recovery from stress fractures in my shins. I've been working with a personal trainer twice a week in the weight room, upper body on Tuesday and lower body on Thursday, for about an hour each. (I'm getting stronger!) The down side is I'm still having trouble keeping with cardio, thought this would be a good way to do it! I love making 'plans' I just need to do them.

I'm looking at finding a workout that will work best for a complete newbie. My only cardio has been walk/slow jog around a track lately. I have looked into Insanity (jumping head first?), T25 (hearing good things), and the Brazilian Booty Lifter thingie.

Any thoughts? Thank you so much!

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    From a Military Retiree: Thank you for your service.
    Any of Shaun T's programs are awesome for cardio. However, they are not for the faint at heart. I started my fitness journey off with Insanity, so it can be done by a complete newbie. You just have to take breaks when you need too and modify where necessary, Unfortunately, with Insanity, there is no one there showing you modifications, like on other programs, so you have to come up with them on your own. I've completed Insanity (among other BB programs) and I've got T25, but haven't started it yet. (July 8th is the sstart date for that) So, I can't actually speak about T25 just yet. Of course, being a guy Brazilian Butt Lift wasn't on my to-do list either. :)
    Make sure your shin splints are healed before starting any of the cardio programs. All of the programs are hell on the legs. You can modify for knee/ankle injuries and hip joints, but you are constantly on your feet, so shin splints would cause issues if they aren't healed.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and ask.
    Dale
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have to agree Dale in regards to making sure you are healed! I would look into a prgram that has a modifier like turbofire so that there is a low impact option. T25 does have a modifier as well but I'm still waiting of the program to arrive so I can't speak personally to it yet either. If you have questions about any of the program, let me know. We have quite a stock of them in the house lol