WEEK SIX CHALLENGES: Sunday, July 7 through Saturday, July 13

Gardening Day
Pamper Yourself Day
Sports Day
Healthy Eating Day
Exercise App/Video Review Day
NSV (Non Scale Victory) Day
Body Toning Day (Abs)

Please see the group's discussion post "Weekly Activities" for a complete description of each.

Happy camping!
Donna

Replies

• dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    Monday I completed Body Toning Day and Healthy Eating Day. We had lightly breaded cod pan fried in olive oil and garlic mashed cauliflower. Today I completed Sports Day by roller skating for 60 minutes...and I didn't fall! Yay!
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    My NSV day was today when I realized that the goal I set for myself to take my vitamins every day was achieved each day this week. I'll post my app review next. Pamper Day is tomorrow...definitely have to go for that mani/pedi that I didn't get to go for a few weeks ago. If it's not raining in the morning, I'll try to fit the Gardening in. :)
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This week I Pampered myself on Sunday when I was in pain - I did some beading and read magazines and tried not to move. Pretty pathetic, but it felt good to me.
    For gardening day I have been watering more this week, as it has been pretty warm here. While watering, I did more weeding than usual and cut some nice sweet pea bouquets.
    My NSV (non-scale victory) was when I went to my doctor for my follow up labs. All my numbers were improved. He was happier than I was, at the time, and he warned me that when losing weight I might try to sabotage myself, because I may be uncomfortable in my new body. I told him that I fight that all the time. He also cut down on my diabetic meds and complemented me on my continuing weight loss.
    I guess tonight could be my healthy eating night. We are having fresh veggies from our garden - we have lots of broccoli now, and we are having fish tacos. I will have two of them, with lettuce, fish, onions, salsa and avocado. Earlier today I had my banana and 45 calorie bread with peanut butter, and a little bit of honey. Then I had an apple for snack.
    I had fully intended on doing more of the challenges, but I'll take what I can get. I have not been logging my food on MFP, but keeping a journal, so I am not tied to the computer. I'm heading out at the crack of dawn, so putting in my numbers now.
    Have a great weekend. I have a niece from Alaska I am going off-island to see for a few days - so my eating will be messed up this weekend. I am taking some fresh veggies, and there are fresh strawberries and raspberries on the mainland. Enough rambling for now....
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My NSV day was meeting with my Chronic Pain Group and talking about how to change my focus from "being successful doing things such as work, etc which I can no longer do" to how to "like myself as a person and be successful as a person".
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    My NSV day was meeting with my Chronic Pain Group and talking about how to change my focus from "being successful doing things such as work, etc which I can no longer do" to how to "like myself as a person and be successful as a person".

That sounds like an EXCELLENT goal!
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    WEEK SIX RESULTS ARE IN!

FYI - Cabin averages are based on actual number of campers PARTICIPATING.

Best Week Six Cabin Participation = Tie between Cabin 2 & Cabin 3 with 5 participants.

Best Points Earned Average Per Cabin = Cabin 2 with 28.6 points.

Best Weight Loss Average Per Cabin = Cabin 3 with .3 pound lost.

Best Points Earned for An Individual = futurefitgirl3 with 31 pts.

Best Individual Weight Loss = mudflatmabel with 4.8 pounds lost.

Specific Totals for Cabins below:

Cabin 1 – Bold Fitness Fanatics (BFFs)
    3 actual participants; Avg Pts = 27.3; Avg Wt Chg = +.2
    dmdegrassi 26 pts -.4 lbs
    Pumpitusa No Results
    prajnafaux 28 pts -1.2 lbs
    jacksagod 28 pts +2.2 lbs
    lewiscandacea No Results

Cabin 2 – Determined Divas
    5 actual particpants; Avg Pts = 28.6; Avg Wt Chg = -.1
    Super_Mama 30 pts -0 lbs
    SummerMM1 No Results