IT's SABOTOGE! Self inflicted of course!

Options
Hi everyone! I am a 38 yo mom that like most everyone, works full time and is always busy. I've been trying and trying to tone and lose "that last ten pounds" but keep teetering between 142 - 146, never tipping the scale in the favored direction! My problem seems to be that I am sabotaging myself! I have a free gym in my work building and go anywhere form 3 - 5 times a week for 45mins. Im eating healthy while at work but once I get home, I don't know why or what comes over me but I just ruin my whole day. And weekends are really bad. I snack while making supper, or lunches. On the weekend I start out eating well but end up going over my daily calories. I exercise or am very active but what I eat ends up using all my extra calories, which, defeats the whole purpose!! Not sure if anyone else is going through this, but I am looking for ideas, advice or anything at this point to stop the stupid binging. I mean whats the whole point if I ruin it. I haven't gotten discouraged just yet but Im sure I will give in. I want a healthier lifestyle and right now my will power is loooooooooooooow!!!!

Replies

• MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oh my, it's a mirage
    I'm tellin' y'all it's sabotage

So listen up 'cause you can't say nothin'
    You'll shut me down with a push of your button?
    But yo I'm out and I'm gone
    I'll tell you now I keep it on and on

Oh wait....we are not singing Beastie boys songs??
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I think we have times like that, don't get too hard on yourself! If you find yourself snacking on junk food at home, you may have to stop buying it for awhile. Maybe the foods you are eating for your meals are not filling you up or you are burning off a lot more than you think. I know on the days when I get up early to exercise I am starving the rest of the day!
  • kestie77
    kestie77 Posts: 39
    Options
    I very strictly control what goes in my house. The only treats I buy my kids are things like fruit snacks, which I don't like. Then I stick to buying healthy snack items. It doesn't solve all the problems, but it makes it a little easier. I have more problems at work, where there's always something unhealthy in the break room.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    get going,
    stop eating crap.
  • Angal75
    Angal75 Posts: 13
    Options
    I think we have times like that, don't get too hard on yourself! If you find yourself snacking on junk food at home, you may have to stop buying it for awhile. Maybe the foods you are eating for your meals are not filling you up or you are burning off a lot more than you think. I know on the days when I get up early to exercise I am starving the rest of the day!

You are right, and I know this is what I have to do, but making myself do it is another story! My heart is in the right place, it just seems as though my stomach is not! lol I always seem to be starving and there's a lot more variety, BAD variety, at home. I have trouble finding a GOOD protein, or filling snack to keep me satisfied. Perhaps I should be eating a few more calories. Right now I'm at 1200. only burning 300 in exercise per day. Salad is getting OLD!
  • Angal75
    Options
    I very strictly control what goes in my house. The only treats I buy my kids are things like fruit snacks, which I don't like. Then I stick to buying healthy snack items. It doesn't solve all the problems, but it makes it a little easier. I have more problems at work, where there's always something unhealthy in the break room.

Oh how I would LOVE to restrict the junk from my house, however I am not the only one that lives there so I can't really. I make my dtr eat as healthy as possible but my boyfriend loves his junk. I need to suck it up and find something else to reach for when I need a snack. Most of the time I don't want the whole choco bar but feel I have to eat it after I open it. Can't waste it. At work is the only controlled environment I have. I can only eat what I bring, and I manage to say no to the CAKE that flies around on a regular basis. Cake for everything there. They ruined me for cake! I'm forever searching for a low cal, filling snack. Any ideas?
  • Angal75
    Options
    get going,
    stop eating crap.

I totally agree, now just to DO! :)
  • woodstockchick
    Options
    I can relate soooo much! Im at 1200 calories to. I will be fine all day till i get home. Esp if work sucked and my son is being a punk. I try to take a walk or distract myself. Emotional eating blows :-)