HELP?! Am I Setting Myself Up for Failure?

Options
MsGuMama
MsGuMama Posts: 17 Member
HELP?! Am I Setting Myself Up for Failure or do i just eat too much?

I am starting to wonder if I need to set myself on a more moderate weight loss goal. I entered my info and put that I wanted to lose 1.5lbs per week which gives me 1200 calories a day. seeing that it is 2:36pm and i only have 155 calories left and i have not done anything too crazy today as far as eating I am just not sure if 1200 cals is realistic or am I just setting myself up for dissapoinment?

Today I ate:
6-8am
Breakfast - 329 cal coffee & wonton soup

10:30am
12 pistachios -48 cal

11:30am
lunch- 354 cal 2 medium pork spareribs & 1/2 C. Pancit

1:00 pm
12 pistachios- 48 cal

2:15pm
1/2 hearty grain PBJ sandwhich -255Cal

any thoughts on where I am going wrong or suggestions on better snacks? I didnt really get full at lunch which is why i tried the pistachios at 1 and then still hungry a 1/2 pbj sandwhich...

HELP!

Replies

• mszeyana
    mszeyana Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am on a similar calorie goal, the goal is doable you just have to get creative with your food choices. Get a measuring cup and start from there, load up on fresh fruits and vegetables, as much as possible, if you cook your own food, its much easier to do. I eat pretty well, I try to do breakfast as the heaviest meal, then lunch and a light dinner. Measuring helps out a lot, and try reading up on portion control so that you know the portions of each type of food you should have a day. I noticed the nuts being about 49 calories, you can get a full cup worth of watermelons at 45 calories, or a full cup of salad at 45 as well...get creative...its very possible, I am doing it, and enjoying it immensely.
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's my net goal too. I second the fruits and veggies suggestion. Also, if I have days were I'm extra hungry I'll be sure to get in a walk or a swim so I can eat back those calories too. It does take some getting used to but your body will adjust to the new eating habits. Mine has.
  • MsGuMama
    MsGuMama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feed back! I got the nuts because you always hear how a small amount is a healthy snack but looking on the calories and fat and how little it fills me up I am thinking fruit/veggies will probably be a better choice. I stocked up my work today with melon, apples, carrots and celery so no excuses for me!

Thank you!
  • Jami313
    Jami313 Posts: 13
    Options
    Are you also working out, or just watching your calories? Veggies are a good filler if you're getting hungry. I take carrots with me about everywhere I go!
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same calorie goal, I think my diary is open if you want to add me I pretty much repeat the same stuff daily though, I don't get bored with food easily I guess. I've been tracking for 6 weeks now but I took a little break and now I'm at it again. I track everything before I eat it and plan ahead and if I know we're say going out to dinner or something (we've had 5 family b'day parties in 3 weeks!!!!) I eat very little prior and it's working for me. I will exercise to get calories back too and double up on water. I eat a lot of raw veggies and drink a lot of water to fill the hole. I love nuts and PB but I try to stay away from them, on the weekends I give myself a bit of a break so I don't get frustrated. Good luck, it's doable for sure!