Belly Flab after baby

Options
J3ss1caD
J3ss1caD Posts: 74 Member
So, I know many mom's deal with it.. but how do we get rid of it. I've lost all the baby weight and continue to work out.. but I just can't figure out how to get rid of the belly flab.

I was the lucky one that has the stretch marks too and boy oh boy what I'd give to wear a 2 piece again. And honestly.. the stretch marks aren't what bother me the most.. its the ungodly site of my stomach.

How do mom's get it flat again?? Please tell me there's a light at the end of this tunnel and plastic surgery isn't the only answer!!!??

Replies

• jgarrett731
    jgarrett731 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to know this! If surgery is the only answer then it looks like I'll just have to make friends with my belly flab.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    weight lifting helps tone and firm u up. I have been doing ''the 30 day shred for almost a yr now with progressively heavier weight and my abs never looked better. There is still some loose skin and stretch marks but u dont see it much when i stand up straight, when in plank position... thats another story. Oh and i have 2 kids, a 2 1/2 yr old and a 15 month old. good luck to all the mommies!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm on Round 2 of postpartum loss... The first time I got a flat(-ish) belly back, but only after losing all the baby weight and then another 35+ lbs. I think with fat loss will come belly flab loss. Loose skin, however, usually requires surgery to disappear :/
  • kenlwal
    kenlwal Posts: 13
    Options
    Let me know the secret if you find out! I've been working out doing cardio and strength training since 8 weeks postpartum and I'm almost 20 smaller than I was before getting pregnant but still have the baby chub :(
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It isn't completely gone, but it is a lot better. I think I'm making a lot more out of it than there really is.
  • J3ss1caD
    J3ss1caD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. I was just really curious bc I follow many fitness ppl on IG and one in particular has AMAZING abs.. and stretch marks.. and I just dont understand how she did it. I get it.. working out.. clean eating.. but can you REALLY get results like that??.. without surgery
  • branha5
    branha5 Posts: 3
    Options
    If anyone ever finds the secret, let me know! I still have a long way to go. I gained 47 pounds with my son, and I've lost (as of last Saturday) 30 of it, so I have 17 more to go. I feel like all areas of my body are starting to shrink EXCEPT my belly. Plus I was blessed with stretchmarks around my belly button, so it just accents it even more. So depressing!