Hello!

Options

Replies

• Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Michelle from Western New York.

SW: 185 lbs
    CW: 167.8 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 26 years old and I'm from Canada. I've started my journey on February 19TH and I'm down 51 pounds. I still want to lose another 62 pounds at least. When I reach that goal I will see what I look like and see if I need/want to go further. I've struggled a bit for two weeks and I'm now back at it since Monday.

SW: 273
    CW: 222
    GW: 170 :tongue: I'm going for 52!!

I had fixed a goal for myself to reach 200 pounds or One-derland for September 1st but with those two bad weeks it kinda put me off. I'm still going to try to reach it but I doubt that I will. I'm avereging about 10 pounds a month usually so I will at least try to get the closest I can!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had started mfp back again in Jan. and regret to say I am back at weight from January. I was on a workout schedule and find I had no problem working out (had no problem), but more so fail with eating properly. I have fallen off the wagon recently, completely. Haven't been watching my eating or working out. This is a great time to clean the slate and re-energize myself. I am leaving Sat 20th for Aruba but, want in on this. I am so sick of feeling like a slug and would like to move into turning 40 in 2014 with 40+ lbs off my body! I know my metabolism is a wreck but there has got to be a way to break through. I have lost nearly 75 lbs in the past so I know I can do it! Thanks so much for this group. Will check in weekly.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    CW= 196.4

I will be monitoring my measurements as well. Hoping to stay somewhat on track during vacation.
  • smaller_me88
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been on MFP for a limitless bit and can't find my motivation. I am looking for a challenge to sink my teeth into.

CW 317
  • kinzerbud
    kinzerbud Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 45 years old from Wi. I've lost a bit of weight, but have been gaining/losing the same 10 pounds for nearly a year now! Time to get serious again and I think this challenge is just the thing. I've got about 100 pounds to lose yet, but would love love love to hit my century mark by NYE. Feel free to add me! :)

5'4"
    SW 288
    CW 235
    GW 135
  • senthusenty
    senthusenty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I am from India.
    CW: 165
    GW:125
    I have been trying to lose weight for a long time. I am 5.5 feet tall.. I would like to lose my extra weight before my marriage next year. I need all ur help and support.. I lack motivation sometimes..
    Looking forward to lose :)
  • andersonh2007
    andersonh2007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I'm from NC. I am 46 y/o and I need to lose 45-50lbs. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I have lost and gained the same 50 lbs too many times to mention! Every time I lost that weight, I did it with the aid of a diet pill. I finally realized that those pills were just band-aids, not a solution! I am determined to do it the right way...for GOOD!

I did a very low calorie diet for 1.5 yrs. It took me that long to lose 20 lbs! That's ridiculous! I didn't realize that I was doing so much damage to my body! It wasn't intentional, just stupid! I thought I was gonna rock the weight loss and it worked at first. I lost about 12 lbs in the first 3-4 mos and then it took me the rest of the time to lose 8 lbs! I couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing any definition, weight loss, nothing! I was playing tennis, (well, attempting to play - we hit it back and forth) and walking 3-5 days/wk. Turns out I was netting 500-900 cals/day! I didn't understand the whole netting thing! DUH!!! Anyway, I was not very fun to hang out with. I was grumpy, cold, tired and my hair was falling out/thinning! I did some research and realized I was doing a number on my metabolism. So, I upped my cals to 1800 give or take, and BAM!!! I gained 23 lbs in 7 mos. This sucks! I'm trying to figure out my cals. I am going back to the basics...netting 1200. I know that I have hormones playing a role in this difficulty, but somethings got to give! I have gained and lost the same 3.5 lbs for the last 4 mos!!! I had been staying between 1500-1800 net. I am starting to lift heavy as I know that will help my bones as I age.

I'm looking forward to this group and the challenges ahead of us! We can do it!!!
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and from PA. It's really awesome that this group exists because just last week I set a goal for myself: 126 by Christmas Eve. My ultimate goal weight is 124, so if I'm losing 2 pounds per week, I will hit my goal weight on New Year's Eve! And that will be a total of 56 pounds lost for me (I've already lost 8 of them, woop woop!).

This is a great challenge, good luck to everyone!
  • SweetSindelle
    SweetSindelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm very excited to be part of this group. I'm 33 and live in Ontario, Canada. I've been lacking motivation lately, so I just joined MFP for some support and guidance. I have 58 lbs I'd like to lose by NYE. How awesome that would be to slip into a sexy little black dress!! I can use all the support I can get so feel free to add me.

SW: 208
    CW: 208
    GW: 150

:tongue:
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Is there anyway for you to make a google spreadsheet for this group? If not, its fine. Just an idea :)

Hey-- I've never made a google spreadsheet :) What were you looking to use it for? Lmk, you can always make something if you like!
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been on MFP for a limitless bit and can't find my motivation. I am looking for a challenge to sink my teeth into.

CW 317

Love your picture. LOVE.
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

This is a great challenge! I'm currently in the Chicago area, but will be moving at the end of the year or sooner. I would like to lose the weight by then to start a new life in a new state and city. Anyways, I'm 40 (as of last month), 1 adult son and 2 teenagers. I really needed the motivation and I didn't want to have to pay for WW meetings. This seems like a great place to be!

CW: 199
    GW: 150
  • m2pwr
    m2pwr Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Megan and I go back and forth from AZ to ND often with my kids. Working out will be my biggest challenge but I am excited to have support now.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hi all Im delonda! from baltimore...home of the NFL CHAMPS RAVENS!!!!

I really really want to lose 20lbs...im at 156 now and want to be at 135.
  • pinkdreams13
    pinkdreams13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in on this challenge. I love challenges! They just help keep me motivated.

SW-246.6
    CW-246.6
    GW-140

I am just going to seriously work on my eating habits and stick to working out at least an hour a day and see where that takes me.
    I am taking baby steps with my food habits but I'm getting there. :wink:
  • MadisunX
    MadisunX Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I would love to be under 200lbs by NYE.

Height: 5'9"
    SW: 240
    CW: 240
    GW: 160
  • sweetTN
    sweetTN Posts: 13
    Options
    Count me in too. I am Tara, 34 and mom to 6 kids. I have had a lot of changes happen in my life the past few years, most of them positive, and I am ready to continue on that trend. I am a former roller girl, but am unable to play roller derby anymore due to a few serious injuries. After being injured 1.5 years ago, I've let myself go with diet and exercise. I also went back to work in January as an RN and I work nights, which as a PP says, night nurses eat like crap. I have been very motivated the past couple weeks and have started off on the right foot with diet and running, but I need support and accountability to continue.

I am eating low carb, modified paleo, as I feel best when I eat like this. I have been running pretty much everyday at least 30 minutes a day and I have been doing body weight exercises like the ones on bodyroc.

Looking forward to doing this challenge with all of you!
    SW: 188.6
    CW: 188.6
    GW: 140
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm happy that I came across this post/group this morning. I def need to lose more than 50 but wow, would that be an awesome way to start 2014!! My name is Angelia and it's just plain ol' Angela....nothing fancy shmancy. I just turned 38 a couple weeks ago and have been somewhat trying to train for my first 5K since school got out in early June. I cleaned up my eating about 2 weeks ago and am feeling quite motivated! I really wish I were from FL because I love the beach, but I'm a Texan living in Virginia now. I'm a happily married wife and mom just needing to finally focus on ME. I look forward to getting to know you all, please feel free to add me as a friend.