Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 2014!!

Options
twoboysnmygirl
twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
I'm know we're pretty far off, but it will fly by I'm sure!

Anyone else training or planning to run? It will be my first half marathon and there is not another place on this planet that I would do my first half but at Disney World! *love*

Replies

• redhead_k073
    redhead_k073 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing it! Of course for me I'm really just aiming to be able to finish the race under the 16 mpm requirement.
  • twoboysnmygirl
    Options
    Hey! It's my first half, so I'm not concerned with my time either, but pretty excited. I run my first 10K race in a few weeks.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    We're not that far off because I think registration opens next month?! I'm planning on doing it again this year. It's definitely not a race to PR, but it is a BLAST!
  • chidis
    chidis Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm planning on signing up (opens June 11th). I actually want to register for the Tink 1/2 in January and the Princess in Feb to get the fabulous pink coast to coast medal.
    I've done a few Disney races, and I'm very slow but that doesn't effect the absolute joy that is a Disney race.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i'm planning to register for the Glass Slipper Challenge as well as Tink 1/2. I can't wait. Hope to finish under 3 hours.
  • dreamer12781
    Options
    I REALLY want to do this and finish in less than 3 hours. It was so crowded last year and I was injured so I didn't make my goal. I am going to sign up earlier this year and hopefully run a qualifying race to get myself better corral placement, which will help me make my goal (the back corrals are just so hard to get any speed on with all of the beginners. I love them, but it was frustrating.)

Fingers crossed! (My hubby is skeptical because we're hoping to be expecting by then.) Sorry if all of that sounded negative. Seriously, THIS RACE IS THE MOST FUN EVER!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping/praying this will be my first half...but I'm worried about the financials AND the distance/time requirement. Im SUPER slow runner, so I'm not positive I could finish...and registering so far in advance I'm not sure if I'll be able to have the money to pay. Blah! It's my dream first half, and was my goal for last year but that passed and made me SUPER sad. I'm really praying I can find a way to do this, but it's not looking too good. I'll keep my fingers crossed though! I keep dreaming of it and know I'd be a (happy) emotional wreck if/when i finish it! No matter what one of these years I WILL do it!!
  • dreamer12781
    Options
    Just registered for the Glass Slipper Challenge!!! So excited to run the half again as well as the new 10k this year. Fingers crossed my physical therapy does its job!!

If you have DVC, a WDW Annual Pass, the Disney Visa or are a Cast Member there are early registration and/or discounts out there already. 8(:-)
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The early registration was too confusing for the Annual Pass Holders so I just waited until registration opened at noon today and it took 5 minutes! It was really easy! Can't wait!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    Options
    The early registration was too confusing for the Annual Pass Holders so I just waited until registration opened at noon today and it took 5 minutes! It was really easy! Can't wait!

Hi Rachel!!!!!!!!! *waving*
  • andreafischer1982
    andreafischer1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    signed in yesterday for the Glass Slipper Cahllange ;) and super excited about it hotels are reserved just need Flights ;) can not wait i also preregistert for tinkerbell so coast to coast here i come
  • andreafischer1982
    Options
    PS this are my fist halfs too and i am not really concerend by time either just want to enjoy the magic at this races - friends told me they are epic
  • twoboysnmygirl
    Options
    PS this are my fist halfs too and i am not really concerend by time either just want to enjoy the magic at this races - friends told me they are epic

It's my first half as well, I'm so excited to run in my favorite place of all! I'm not doing the GSC this time (gives me another excuse to go back in 2015! LOL), I decided to just do the PHM since it was my first half. Can't wait to run down Main Street, can you?!?!?
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I AM REGISTERED :) (and so is hubby) We did the Tink 1/2 in 2013 it was our first one. Don't know if doing the coast to coast but probably (will just register on July 9th).

I am going as MERIDA and trying to get hubby to wear a KILT mwahhahahahaha.

So. Excited.

Didn't do the glass slipper - not regretting it too much. I wanted to do it more b/c it was "called" glass slipper....no bige I'll still have a blast :)
  • andreafischer1982
    Options

It's my first half as well, I'm so excited to run in my favorite place of all! I'm not doing the GSC this time (gives me another excuse to go back in 2015! LOL), I decided to just do the PHM since it was my first half. Can't wait to run down Main Street, can you?!?!?

No I can not wait to run down mainstreet and through cindarella castle - super happy i signed up for it.
    Yeahhh going back in 2015 sounds licke an excellent plan. I am planning the WDW Marathon Weekend for 2015 i just have to choos one race a year or 2 because airfare from Europe wont allow me to run more than that ;(
  • HisKathy
    HisKathy Posts: 34
    Options
    This will be my first 1/2 marathon too! I'm so excited and have already started working on my Ariel costume
  • andreafischer1982
    Options
    This will be my first 1/2 marathon too! I'm so excited and have already started working on my Ariel costume

AWWWW ARIEL - amazing ;)
    My fave movie ;)
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm registered to run the Princess Half! I ran it in 2011, and injured my knee pretty badly as a result of bad training - wont make that mistake. But its a great race, and I cannot tell you how excited I was when I ran through Cinderella's castle. I actually have a great picture of running out of the castle with this huge smile on my face - my brother refers to the picture as "I'm the happiest runner ever!" :) So excited I will be able to do this race again!