Weekly Google Spreadsheet

Options
PBsMommy
PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
I hope I don't step on any toes or make anyone upset with this....

So, I am a spreadsheet nerd. I made one to show how each person is doing compared to the rest of the group. Since, almost everyone, with a few a exceptions including myself, are aiming for a 30 pound loss, the spreadsheet may prove to be useful.

I can post a new one every week on Fridays if everyone is okay with the spreadsheet. That would give everyone 5 days to weigh-in on the weekly weigh-in thread.

To view the spreadsheet: Copy and paste this link into your browser bar.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7u68Y6xzsQaYzc1c3VaaF9EVTA/edit?usp=sharing

I'll give an internet high five to anyone who can pinpoint my color pattern. :laugh:

Replies

• PBsMommy
    Options
    The first page has everyone that participated in the current weigh-in thread. The rest of the pages has everyone who participated in the starting weight thread and the week one thread.

The spreadsheet shows your starting weight, goal weight and weigh-ins for the the first 2 weeks. Then it shows your loss for that week, your total loss for the challenge, how much you have to lose to hit your goal, and what "place" you are compared to the group.

If you see anything wrong with your information on the spreadsheet, just let me know and I will get it fixed before I post the following Fridays spreadsheet. :)
  • KennethGardner44
    Options
    Hello my SW is 287.6 and my CW is 288.3 and my GW is 278, and as of right now i am at 288.3 and i see that i gained 0.7lbs.
  • Zebusz
    Zebusz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yayy! I'm in 4th place. Haha, I'm just kidding! :)

This is a great idea. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I'm a spreadsheet nerd and I like everything organized where I can see it clear in front of me. This keeps a really good record of this groups goal.

Thanks again!
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You so read my mind - I was going to put something like this together tomorrow. Kudos.
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Kenneth, I will get you added before I post next Friday's spreadsheet! Just make sure you post your current weight in the week 3 weigh-in thread that should be posted tomorrow. :)

Ya'll are welcome! Let me know if you have any suggestions :)
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it! Tied for 3rd place. :)

Color pattern: ROY G. BIV.... the rainbow!
    20072013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HI PBsMommy! Thanks for putting together the spread sheet, my starting weight is acutally 222 instead of the 212 listed on the spreadsheet. Thanks again!
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    needtolose - close enough... I actually was aiming for color combinations. Blue and yellow make green, so green was in between blue and yellow. Pink and blue make purple, so purple was in between pink and blue. However, looking at it again, it is a backwards with rainbow with pink added in there!

Oh, and as promised!
    images1_zps974447a4.jpg

20072013 - So you started the challenge at 222, correct? I will get that changed before I post on Friday. Sorry about that!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    needtolose - close enough... I actually was aiming for color combinations. Blue and yellow make green, so green was in between blue and yellow. Pink and blue make purple, so purple was in between pink and blue. However, looking at it again, it is a backwards with rainbow with pink added in there!

Oh, and as promised!
    images1_zps974447a4.jpg

20072013 - So you started the challenge at 222, correct? I will get that changed before I post on Friday. Sorry about that!

2ptuhht.jpg

Yeayyy! :)
  • Butterflykisses123
    Butterflykisses123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! From one spreadsheet nerd to another, you made my day :D
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    needtolose - you win! cute kitty high fives trump my high five!

Butterflykiss - I am glad I made your day! I am so glad they're other spreadsheet nerds out there. I thought I was alone. :laugh:
  • 911kate
    911kate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi PBsMommy and Everyone Else,
    Thanks for the great spreadsheet, chit chat, challenges, and other motivating ideas. I joined another group before this one but it went private and left me out for some reason! I was disappointed because it seemed like a good fit. I didn't want to join any other group after that. Then this group showed up and was the exact pounds I needed to lose (until I reevaluate in October). Thanks so much for turning out to be a great group. I'm older than most of you, but I am young at heart!

OK, now for my question: I see that a "number of us" have a different start weight than the first week weight. Are you calculating total loss of pounds and rankings by losses from the start weight or the first week weight??? Either way is fine with me. It's all for fun and encouragement anyway. If you are counting it from the first week to make us all more equal in time, that is also fine. BTW, my start weight is 180 (which I listed for all three weeks). My total loss is 4 pounds (you have 2 so that's what started my questioning). My goal weight is 150 but I would try to make 148 if you are measuring from the first week. Regardless, THANK YOU so much for making this WORK more interesting & FUN!
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    911kate - I took everyone's starting weights from the starting weight thread. And then the weekly weigh-ins came from the weekly weigh-in threads. I see in the starting weight thread you had 180 for sw and 178 for cw. I put the 178. I thought the 180 was your starting weight of MFP and the 178 was the starting weight for the challenge. It was my mistake! I can get that changed for you before I repost the spreadsheet Friday! Sorry about that! :)
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! What a motivator! I'm in 14th place! You all better watch out :-) I'm going to do my weigh ins midweek. After the bad eating weekends I have, I need a few days to make it up....
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Anyone who knows me will tell you that I LOVE a good spreadsheet!!! Thanks so much for doing this!!!
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together, PBsMommy! I'm also a member of the spreadsheet nerds club, and I like being able to visualize overall progress. Great work! :)
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Here is the link to Week 3's spreadsheet.https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7u68Y6xzsQaclY3MXlGNWdhMlU/edit?usp=sharing

Please make sure you guys are putting your weigh-ins in the Weekly Weigh-in threads. A few people are still putting them in the starting weight thread. From here on out, I will only check the weekly weigh-in threads.
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to Week 3's spreadsheet.https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7u68Y6xzsQaclY3MXlGNWdhMlU/edit?usp=sharing

Please make sure you guys are putting your weigh-ins in the Weekly Weigh-in threads. A few people are still putting them in the starting weight thread. From here on out, I will only check the weekly weigh-in threads.

I tried to view the spreadsheet and it says I need permission can you make it public or give me permission. Thanks
  • Showe53188
    Showe53188 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am getting the same message
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to change the sharing settings.

Everyone should be able to see it now.
This discussion has been closed.