DIANETTE

Options
Hi
My PCOS is really starting to get me down, the hirsutism is driving me mad, im going to the doctors tomorrow to see about some treatment, i was on dianette years ago so i was going to ask about going back on it.
but there has been a lot of bad press about it lately, even to the extent of getting it banned in the uk.
Is there anyone on it here? and advise would be great?

Replies

• fighterdiva
    fighterdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't tried Dianette. That PCOS depression is a beast though, so fight it with all you've got! Maybe try to submerge yourself it into your workouts. That is what gets me through.
  • cyndallrocks
    cyndallrocks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Inositol and it seems be be helping slow down and soften the hirsutism. I got it on Amazon. Might be worth looking into it. My personal opinion is that if its banned in the UK its bad news and you don't want it in your body.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved it when I was on it. Didn't have any side effects, helped my skin etc.

But this is the thing: all medication carries a risk, it's your choice whether you think it's worth it. While its got bad press lately I have noticed that these things tend to go in phases depending on the latest news story. If you are worried I'd consider looking at some peer reviewed studies, instead of listening to the media hype.

Your doctor is really the best one to talk to.