Just started juicing

Hi my name is hope I'm 200lbs. 14 yrs. old and 5'7in. I just started a juice fast last Saturday in the first week I lost 10lbs. I live in a family of seven and my mom is a fabulous cook so while my brothers and sister sit and eat I'm drinking juices. It was not as hard as I thought but I'm starting to go down hill by eating small foods like a scoop of my sisters ice cream or some lunch meat it is getting harder but I'm going to keep pressing on!

Replies

• moguline
    moguline Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Hope, great job losing 10lbs in your first week! :)

Just keep trying your best. Eating small foods like ice-cream certainly isn't ideal, but it's still a hell of a lot better than eating a whole tub! ;) Every little change helps on the way to being healthier!

I do eat some things in between as well if I get too hungry, but I usually make it half an avocado (I blend them into juices sometimes as well to make sure I get some essential fats - check out some of the juice master's recipes for these). I also sometimes eat a bar called Nak'd that we have here in the UK that contains nothing but raw fruit and sometimes a few nuts.)

So if you feel like you need to eat something, don't beat yourself up about it, but maybe try eating something healthier, like a piece of fruit or veg that you'd have had in your juice anyway ;)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Maybe fasting is too much for you (especially given your age)? Perhaps you could figure out a balance of meals and juices so you don't have that starving feeling and pick up the wrong foods. Just a thought... good luck!